Deadline: September 8, 2014
Applications are now invited from individuals for the East Africa Fellows Program, which brings together up to 20 emerging leaders from different regions, sectors, and socio-economic backgrounds in East Africa.
During the fellowship year, Fellows remain in their jobs and meet every 6-8 weeks throughout the year for 4 seminars and 2 collaborative projects, each about a week long. In addition to the three core areas of Acumen’s leadership model, Fellows also meet with prominent leaders from across sectors, and create strong relationships with their cohort and Acumen Fellows Alumni around the world.
- The program aims at providing the opportunity for emerging leaders to receive world-class training and collaborate with like-minded individuals so that they can be the change that East Africa needs.
- Over the course of the fellowship year, Fellows design and implement two different collaborative projects: a Learning Trip and an Innovation Conference. These projects provide the Fellows an opportunity to put the skills developed during the fellowship into practice, and guide their own learning.
- Fellows can be entrepreneurs who started their own organization, or individuals who are influencing change within an existing organization.
- Individuals who are working to end poverty in their community through some kind of social change project.
- Fellows come from of all age groups and education levels, but must be able to fully participate in a program that is conducted in English.
- Fellows must be from East Africa (Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, South Sudan, or Ethiopia) and must show a demonstrated commitment and concrete connection to East Africa.
- Fellows must demonstrate strong personal integrity, unrelenting perseverance, and moral imagination.
- Fellows must be ready and willing to undergo an intensive year-long personal transformation and leadership journey.
The online application consists of:
- Background information
- Short & long answer questions
The selection process for this program is very rigorous and highly competitive. Here is a general timeline of the process:
- Applications open: July 7, 2014
- Applications close: September 8, 2014
- Telephone Interviews: October 2014
- In-Person Interviews: November 2014
- Final Selection: December 2014
For more information, visit Acumen East Africa Fellows Program.