Volunteer at a Summer Teaching Program for Less Privileged Children in Lagos, Nigeria
Deadline: July 22, 2014
Would you like to enrich your life with an unforgettable experience? Would you like to work as a volunteer or intern and dedicate yourself to helping children from disadvantaged homes this summer to learn how to speak and write English better?
Beyond the Classroom Foundation is calling for volunteers with a desire to teach and make a difference to the lives of Primary 6 Pupils of Ladi Lak Primary School Bariga, Lagos Nigeria through a 6 weeks summer reading and writing marathon.
Summer Program Starts: August 4th 2014 to September 12th 2014
Venue: Ladi Lak Primary School, Adewunmi Street Bariga Lagos
Time: 10-2pm Monday to Friday
- Volunteers will teach for two hours twice a week to 50 children from ages 9-14.
- Will assist in giving pupils the extra tutoring they need.
- Volunteers will offer help with English Language and other fun activities.
- Transportation Stipend
- First hand experience working with children
- Lunch would be provided
- Volunteer T-Shirt
- Certificate/ Reference Letter
- Must be 18 and above
- A high level of commitment, responsibility, and flexibility
- Fluent in English Language and can teach children between ages 9-14
Interested individuals can apply online before the deadline.
For more information, visit Summer Teaching Program for Less Privileged Children.