2014 Women Weave the Web Campaign – Lynn Syms Prize (Win $20,000 & a trip to New York)
Deadline: August 13, 2014
World Pulse invites entries and applications for the WWW: Women Weave the Web Campaign – Lynn Syms Prize 2014. World Pulse’s Digital Action Campaigns bring together powerful grassroots women leaders who are generating vital changes on the ground. By providing key resources and tools to our community, they can support the empowerment of exceptional women creating positive change.
Lynn Syms Prize: Lifting New Visionary Voices
World Pulse is honored to partner with sculptor and philanthropist Lynn Syms to launch the inaugural Lynn Syms Prize. In 2014, the prize will be awarded to an outstanding grassroots woman and visionary voice using digital tools to effect change and advance her community work.
For the WWW: Women Weave the Web Campaign, World Pulse will be giving away some incredible prizes, including the $20,000 Lynn Syms Prize and an all-expense paid trip to speak their message in New York City.
The prize includes:
- the 2014 Lynn Syms Prize title;
- $20,000 monetary prize to be paid out over two years to support her community based work;
- a feature profile on WorldPulse.com;
- an all-expense paid trip to speak her message in New York City.
- The prize is open worldwide to people 18+ and of the age of majority in their state/country/province of residence.
- It is targeted for a grassroots woman leader based and working primarily in a developing country and having a demonstrated ability to elevate community concerns and serve as an inspiration to community leaders elsewhere.
- Characteristics this woman leader should embody include: courage, commitment, integrity and the ability to communicate effectively for her cause.
- She must have an established organization, program or project, though in the early stage of development.
- The candidates must also be successfully using digital tools to advance their work and they must participate in World Pulse’s Women Weave the Web Campaign.
How to Apply
In order to be eligible for the prize, you must submit three written journal entries to World Pulse’s 2014 Women Weave the Web Campaign before August 13.
Instructions for submitting to the campaign can be found on the How to Participate page.
Once you’ve submitted to the campaign, you can fill out the Lynn Syms Prize Application.