WWF Global Youth Volunteer & Internship Programme
Deadline: August 17, 2014
Are you interested in volunteering? WWF Global is running a youth volunteer/internship programme for a select number of young people in such places as Madagascar, Malaysia, Kenya, Paraguay, Bolivia, Fiji, Greater Mekong. WWF recruits volunteers/interns for assignments in Africa, Asia/Pacific & Latin America, as well as at WWF International in Gland, Switzerland.
WWF’s mission is to stop the degradation of the earth’s natural environment and to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature, by conserving the world’s biological diversity, ensuring that the use of renewable natural resources is sustainable, and promoting the reduction of pollution and wasteful consumption.
- Gain an insight and awareness of conservation as WWF practices it
- Get an idea of the day-to-day reality & living standards of people in developing nations
- Increase their cross-cultural understanding
- Significantly improve their communication skills
- Enhance their teamwork skills
- Evolve their self-reliance skills
- Improve their innate adaptability
- Young people aged 20-27 from around the World who are passionate about saving the planet
- For openings in Madagascar, Senegal & Cameroon, it is essential you have a good level of French. Likewise, Spanish is required for Latin America.
- A commitment to conservation
- An ability to adapt to changing situations
- An ability to work respectfully in cross-cultural situations
- An ability to take direction from supervisors
- The confidence to provide feedback to supervisors
- A collaborative approach to working with colleagues
- A capacity for ongoing learning
NOTE: Openings are posted as and when they become available. To see current openings, click here.
For more information, visit WWF Youth Volunteer & Internship Programme.