Deadline: Varies among country
Foreign scholars and researchers are invited by the Swiss government, through the Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students (FCS) to participate in the various postgraduate scholarships. The scholarship award is in 2 categories;
- University scholarships (Swiss universities, Federal Institutes of Technology, as well as Universities of Applied Sciences)
- Arts scholarships (schools of music and fine arts, only for a limited number of countries).
These scholarships provide graduates from all fields with the opportunity to pursue doctoral or postdoctoral research in Switzerland at one of the public funded university or recognised institution.
Depending on the country of origin and the type of scholarship, benefits include;
- Monthly stipend,
- exemption from tuition fees,
- housing allowance,
- and other benefits.
- The scholarships are offered to international graduates from countries around the world, however not all of the countries are included in the scheme.
- Applicants should choose their country from the drop-down menu and check which scholarships they are eligible to apply for.
- Scholarships are offered for foreign graduates from around the world and the eligibility criteria differs.
Note: Applications are subject to preliminary selection by the relevant national authorities and/or the Swiss diplomatic representation. The short-listed applications are then assessed by the Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students (FCS) which subsequently takes the final decision.
The FCS is composed of professors from all Swiss public universities. Scholarship awards are decided on the basis of academic and scientific excellence.
For more information, visit Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships for Foreign Scholars and Artists.