Akademie Schloss Solitude International Residency Fellowship 2015-17 – Stuttgart
Deadline: October 31, 2014
Applications are now open for the 2015-17 Akademie Schloss Solitude Residency Fellowship for international artists, scholars, scientists and professionals. For the fifteenth time, Akademie Schloss Solitude is granting approximately 70 residency fellowships of three to twelve months in duration.
The Akademie persues an intense exchange between artistic and scientific disciplines. With the art, science & business program the transfer of knowledge and experience between the arts, the sciences and economics can be deepened to create new synergies of creativity, inventiveness and management.
Akademie Schloss Solitude sponsors young artists, scholars, scientists, and economic professionals via residency fellowships only. Are you interested in applying for a residency fellowship?
International artists are invited to apply from the following disciplines:
- Architecture (design, landscape architecture, urban planning)
- Visual Arts (including performance art)
- Performing Arts (stage design, dramatic texts, dramaturgy, musical theater, performance, direction, drama, dance)
- Design (fashion, costume, product and furniture design, visual communication)
- Literature (essay, criticism, poetry, prose, translation)
- Music/Sound (interpretation, sound installation, sound performance, composition)
- Video/Film/New Media (incl. video installation, fiction and documentary)
Furthermore, scholars, scientists and professionals are invited to apply from the following disciplines
- Social Sciences (with a focus on culture and the politics of space)
- Economy/Economics (with a focus on urban policy)
- Culture & Law (with a focus on authorship)
- Fellowships are usually awarded for a period between three and twelve months.
- Free accommodation is included, and fellows are awarded € 1,100 monthly.
- Fellows are provided with a furnished living/working studio (including electricity, water and heating).
- Travel expenses for arrival and departure in Stuttgart will be covered on a one-time basis.
- As a rule, the studios are usually only equipped for one person (due to their size).
- Fellows may use the Akademie’s ateliers (wood and metal) under the supervision of the resident managers.
- Optional additional benefits to be adjusted according to the current budget situation:
- Rent subsidy in the case of double housekeeping.
- Transport expenses subsidy for the carriage of materials and books to Stuttgart and from Stuttgart to the fellow’s home town.
- Project funding and one-off materials subsidy.
- Subsidized health insurance in the case of non-EU fellowship candidates.
Click here for selection procedure.
Eligibility and Requirements
The following are required for a residency fellowship (please read carefully)
- You are aged less than 35 years, or you have completed a university or college degree within the last five years.
- You have completed your academic studies. Please note that applications from those still enrolled in degree programs during the application round will not be considered. Graduate students may submit applications.
- A limited number of fellowships are awarded regardless of the applicants’ age. Decisions relating to the above will be made by the responsible juror.
- Would you like to apply as part of an artist group? In this case, each group member must fill in an application form on their own behalf. However, the various applications must be sent in a single application/mailing with the joint work samples. Artist groups applying online are asked to upload the same materials and refer to the group application.
- Knowledge of German, English or French is a prerequisite for application.
- If you have applied for a fellowship from the Kunststiftung Baden-Württemberg (Baden-Württemberg Art Foundation), whose application procedure runs at the same time, you may not apply for an Akademie Schloss Solitude fellowship.
- Former fellows of the Akademie Schloss Solitude cannot apply again.
- The Solitude fellowship is a residency fellowship. At least two thirds of the fellowship period must be spent at the Akademie.
- All fellows must have their permanent residence in Stuttgart for the fellowship’s duration (obligation to register residence).
Applicants are obliged to register and pay the application fee (it’s an administration fee) of € 15 (no return of materials). This fee applies only to applicants from industrialized countries (see list of countries).
Applicants from industrialized countries are those living, working or on fellowships in developed countries during the application round. The applicant’s nationality is irrelevant. Read more about the fee here.
For more information, visit Akademie Schloss Solitude.