Submit Entries for the 2015 United Nations Correspondents Association Awards for Journalist
Deadline: September 15, 2014
The United Nations Correspondents Association (UNCA) invites media worldwide to submit entries for its 19th Annual UNCA Awards for the best print, broadcast (TV & Radio) and online, web-based media coverage of the United Nations, U.N. agencies and field operations.
Coverage of the U.N. and U.N. agencies is specified in each category. The Committee welcomes coverage of all issues particularly on Millennium Developments Goals, peacekeeping operations, and nonproliferation, including the elimination of nuclear, chemical and biological weapons. Work in print, broadcast (TV & Radio), and online coverage must be published between September 2013 and August 2014, and be related to the U.N. and U.N. agencies.
- The Elizabeth Neuffer Memorial Prize – for written media (including online media) coverage of the UN and its agencies and their work;
- The Ricardo Ortega Memorial Prize – for broadcast journalism coverage of the UN, and its agencies;
- The Prince Albert II of Monaco Foundation/UNCA Global Prize – for coverage of Climate Change;
- The United Nations Foundation prize – for any entry in any medium that best covers the humanitarian and development aspects of the U.N. and its agencies.
- The prizes amount to over $50,000 with $10,000 for each of the main categories.
- The awards are open to journalists from around the world.
- Entries are submitted online by completing the UNCA Awards Entry Form.
- You will complete your personal information and upload your photo, and then choose to:
- Submit your work electronically by including web links
- and/or uploading all files directly to the Entry Form
- Submit your work by postal mail to the address indicated on the form
For more information, visit Annual UNCA Awards.