Deadline: October 31, 2014
Applications are now open for the 2015 WAAW Scholarships for female Africans in the STEM fields. WAAW Foundation is a U.S. based non-profit organization focused on Working to Advance STEM Education for African Women. WAAW promotes Science and Technology education among African girls, and works to ensure they are engaged in technology innovation for Africa.
- Recipients receive $500 for the 2015 academic year.
- Applicants must be African female students, below the age of 32, living and studying in Africa;
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate Bachelors Degree program;
- Studying STEM related courses in any University or College in Africa;
- Have demonstrated financial need and excellent academic record;
- Graduation date is after December of award year;
- Prior scholarship recipients may reapply for renewal the following year, with proof of continued excellent academic performance.
- Complete Online applications including personal/contact information, educational background and family information;
- Submit essays addressing future career goals and how you expect the WAAW scholarships would assist in your education;
- Shortlisted candidates would be required to mail current University transcripts and 2 academic/ Professional references directly to WAAW committee.
For more information, Visit WAAW Foundation or e-mail [email protected]