The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at Arizona State University
Deadline: December 1, 2014
Arizona State University is now accepting applications from eligible candidates for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program. This prestigious scholarship recognizes international students from Sub-Saharan Africa who come from the lowest socioeconomic quintiles and show outstanding academic and leadership abilities.
Those considered for this program demonstrate high academic achievement, exceptional records of service and activity in their schools and communities, and a commitment to return to Africa after their studies to make an impact on social and economic change in their home countries.
- Financial support equivalent to the cost for attaining a Bachelors degree (4 Academic years or 8 semesters);
- Scholarship includes travel, food, housing, tuition, living expenses, internship experience in Sub-Saharan Africa, and cohort signature programs, such as a freshman retreat in northern Arizona, a Broadway show at Gammage Auditorium and a senior retreat;
- Students are provided with a comprehensive support network that includes an array of mentoring and cultural transition services to ensure each student’s academic success, community engagement, and transition to employment opportunities that will further social and economic change in Africa;
- Students are also eligible to take up to nine credit hours of summer school courses.
- first-time freshman seeking a bachelor’s degree;
- citizen of a Sub-Saharan African country;
- currently living in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- academic achievement and potential;
- demonstration of service and leadership in school or community;
- motivation and commitment to return to Sub-Saharan Africa after graduation and give back;
- verification of disadvantaged socio-economic status.
- Submit the MCF application for the 2015 – 2016 academic year at ASU by December 1st 2014.
- Scans of certified copies of transcripts and national exam results for last three years of secondary school must be emailed by December 1, 2014.
- Recommendation forms must be submitted by December 15th, 2014.
- Semi-finalists will be notified on February 13th, 2015.
- Finalists will be determined by March 27, 2015.
- All other candidates will be notified by April 6, 2015.
Contact the program at [email protected] if you have further questions.
For more information, visit ASU Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program.