Mo Ibrahim Foundation “Snapping Cities” Photography Competition 2014
Deadline: October 10, 2014
The Mo Ibrahim Foundation invites interested individuals to participate in the “Snapping Cities” photography competition. Snapping Cities is an opportunity for photographers of all abilities and ages, to capture through their own lenses, urban life in Africa. The Mo Ibrahim Foundation (MIF) is seeking images that capture inspiring ways of tackling urban challenges in African cities. This may be modern innovation or a basic adaptation of day-to-day life.
The theme is open to your personal interpretation but we’re looking for beautiful, inspiring and original photographs. A selection of the best photographs will be displayed at the 2014 Ibrahim Forum on African Cities in Accra, Ghana, in November, with prizes for the top three entries.
Prizes and Award
- Winners will be selected for the top three prizes: first prize of US$500, second prize of US$200 and third prize of US$100.
- A selection of the best photographs will be displayed in an exhibition at the 2014 Ibrahim Forum in Accra, Ghana, in November where they will be seen by prominent African political and business leaders, representatives from civil society, multilateral and regional institutions as well as Africa’s major international partners.
- Selected entries will also be displayed on the MIF website.
- A selection of the best photographs will be displayed in an exhibition at the 2014 Ibrahim forum in Accra, Ghana, in November
- Selected entries will also be displayed on the MIF website
- All photographs must be submitted by 5pm on 10 October 2014
- Entries will be judged by the MIF secretariat
How to Enter
To submit an entry, visit www.moibrahimfoundation.org/snapping-‐cities, upload your photo and fill out the online form with the following details:
- your full name and country of residence;
- the name of the African city in which the photograph was taken;
- a short paragraph describing the photograph and how it relates to the brief of the competition;
- information on whether the photograph was taken on a camera or a phone, or other device;
- your social media handles, if possible (Facebook, Twitter etc.).
For more information, visit MIF Snapping Cities Photography Competition.