Georg Arnhold Visiting Research Program 2015/16 – Braunschweig
Deadline: October 1, 2014
The Georg Eckert Institute for International Textbook Research, Member of the Leibniz Association invites applications for the 2015/2016 Georg Arnhold Visiting Research Professorship in Education for Sustainable Peace. This is a three- to six-month research stay in Braunschweig that offers scholars from a variety of disciplines the opportunity to conduct research projects or to finish major publications without teaching or administrative obligations. The fellowship aims to promote education for sustainable peace with a particular focus on educational media and curricula at the secondary school level in post-conflict or transitional societies.
- A monthly stipend of up to 6,500 euro for a three- to six-month research stay in Braunschweig,
- Round-trip economy airfare to Germany, and
- Administrative support provided by the program coordinator.
- Distinguished scholars from the humanities, political and social sciences, education sciences or law who hold a Ph.D. and have excellent knowledge of English may apply. Applicants must demonstrate outstanding academic or professional achievement in their fields.
- Individuals with extensive high-level international experience in government or non-governmental organizations or in international organizations may also apply.
NOTE: In exceptional cases, the Georg Eckert Institute will consider applications from practitioners who do not hold a Ph.D. but who have at least five years of advanced professional experience in the area of peace education and who can demonstrate that their work and/or research projects have made an exceptional impact in the field of peace education.
- The application must include a cover letter providing evidence of the quality of the candidate’s scholarship and expertise and a description of the research project or book the candidate wishes to work on.
- Candidates should state the objectives of their research, outline their methodology and describe the significance of their research for the field of education for sustainable peace as well as the intended results of the project and how they plan to disseminate them.
- Candidates should also submit a full CV (including a list of publications), a sample of the applicant’s current scholarly writing (a book chapter or article), and the completed application form, which they should fill out, print and sign before submitting it as a scanned PDF document.
- All documents must be in Word or PDF format and the file size must not exceed 2 MB. Submissions should be made electronically. Please send applications to [email protected], using the subject line “Arnhold Program.”
For more information, visit Georg Arnhold Program.