Fully Funded Bertha MBA scholarships for Africans
Deadline: October 31, 2014
Applications are currently open for the 2015/2016 Bertha Scholarship for MBA programs at University of Cape Town Graduate School of Business. The Bertha Scholarships were created to nurture a new generation of social innovators, and to explore entrepreneurial solutions to help solve some of the urgent social and environmental problems of our time. The Bertha Scholars are Africa-based social innovators with a commitment and track record to creating positive change.
The Bertha Centre offers MBA Scholarships to students that have met the requirements for the MBA programme and who are driven by their pursuit in social or green ventures. The focus will be on encouraging selected MBA students to fully realise projects and business ideas that make a real positive impact on society. Bertha Scholars will also have access to communities and to mentors to build on their ideas and create companies.
This scholarship covers the full costs of the MBA program me at UCT Graduate School of Business.
- be South African / African Citizens and a Permanent Resident for at least 1 year.
- have started or worked in an entrepreneurial social or green venture, or have worked on sustainable social business strategies within an organisation for at least one year.
- demonstrate a strong moral character, strong entrepreneurial drive, a track record of action, leadership qualities, traits of social activism and a commitment to the sustainable development of emerging economies.
- must show how the MBA at this stage in their career will help to accelerate their impact and how it will contribute to the wider creation of value for society
- demonstrate some need for the scholarship, through either previous work experience, personal background or demonstrated commitment to start a social venture, which make self-funding the MBA a significant burden.
- Candidates will only be able to take up the Bertha Scholarship if admitted to the MBA programme
- Candidates should apply for the MBA programme at the UCT Graduate School of Business.
- Candidates should submit the Bertha Scholarship Application Form (available online from 1st Sept 2014)together with their UCT MBA application number received from the GSB Admissions Office, contact details and CV to [email protected] by 31st October 2014
- Candidates will be notified if they are selected for interview by mid November 2014. Interviews will take place during the second or first week of December 2014.
- The final decision and award of the scholarship will be made by a Scholarship selection panel, following which candidates will be informed by 17th December 2014.