Writing The Past / Righting Memory Conference – Cuma, Italy
Deadline: October 1, 2014
Havighurst Center for Russian and Post-Soviet Studies Miami University, Oxford, Ohio is organizing the Young Researchers Conference; Writing the Past/Righting Memory.
The conference will focus on the region of Russia, Eastern Europe and/or Eurasia and will include discussion on memory and history, remembering and forgetting, commemoration, institutionalization and marketing of memory in the context of various social and political processes such as migration and lustration, and comprise genres from memoirs to laws to investigative journalism to textbooks, film, and novels.
This will be an intensive 3-day working conference (May 31-June 3, 2015), during which each of the selected papers will be critiqued by the other participants, including all invited presenters, keynote speakers, and a team of discussants made up of Miami University faculty.
- The Havighurst Center will provide all meals and 3 nights (shared room) at the Villa Vergiliana in Cuma.
- Participants will be responsible for all travel to and from the Villa.
- Proposals are requested from young scholars who have already completed their dissertation research (ABD) or have defended their dissertation within the last three years.
- To be considered for the conference, submit an abstract to Stephen Norris at: [email protected] before deadline.
- Please type “2015 Young Researchers Conference” as the subject of the email.
- Selected papers will be announced by December 1, 2014. If selected, participants must submit completed papers for circulation to other conference participants by April 15, 2015.
For more information, download Writing The Past / Righting Memory Conference.