International Leader of Tomorrow Award 2015
Deadline: December 10, 2014
Nominations are now open for the International Leader of Tomorrow Award 2015, a UBC International Scholars Program. The Award recognizes international undergraduate students who demonstrate superior academic achievement, leadership skills, involvement in student affairs and community service, recognized achievement in fields of endeavour such as the performing arts, sports, debating or creative writing, or external academic competitions and examinations.
International Leader of Tomorrow Award-winners receive an award-level commensurate with their financial need as determined by the costs of their tuition, fees and living costs, minus the financial contribution the student and their family can make annually towards these costs. A standard needs-assessment is made, based on financial information provided by students and their families.
The International Leader of Tomorrow Award can be renewed for up to three additional years of undergraduate study, or to degree completion, whichever is less, provided the student achieves satisfactory academic standing in their faculty, continues to demonstrate financial need, and maintains their Canadian study permit (visa).
Award candidates must be nominated by their current school or college/university. To be considered for an International Leader of Tomorrow Award, students must:
- be admissible to the first choice program they are applying to, including meeting UBC’s English Language Admission Standard
- have an excellent academic record (at least an “A” average or equivalent standard)
- be an international student, who is neither a Canadian citizen nor a permanent resident of Canada, and who will be studying in Canada on a Canadian Study Permit (visa)
- demonstrate a level of financial need that would otherwise prevent them from pursuing a UBC degree
- be entering a UBC undergraduate degree program from a recognized secondary school, college or other university
When students are accepted for nomination, their counsellor must use the International Leader of Tomorrow Award nomination package.
- International Leader of Tomorrow Nomination Package – Vancouver campus
- International Leader of Tomorrow Nomination Package – Okanagan campus
Please Note: Nominees must also complete the online application for academic admission to UBC by December 10, 2014 and meet the UBC English Language Admission Requirement by January 31, 2015. Although applicants to UBC can specify two program choices in their application for admission, an International Leader of Tomorrow Award nomination will be considered only in relation to the nominee’s first choice program. Early application is encouraged, to ensure an application decision can be made in time for nomination consideration.
For more information, visit International Leader of Tomorrow Award.