Deutsches Museum Scholars-In-Residence Program
Deadline: October 17, 2014
Deutsches Museum in Munich is currently offering scholarships to research scholars interested in working for six or 12 months on projects involving the museum`s vast and heterogeneous collections. The scholarship programme is international and interdisciplinary in scope.
Applicants are invited to base their projects on the collections of the Deutsches Museum and to cooperate closely with museum staff on site when formulating their research proposals. Projects involving innovative approaches to artefact-oriented research are especially welcome.
- Scholars at any level of seniority are eligible to apply
- Scholars must have at least one university degree
- Open to scholars from all nationalities
All scholars are requested to make their own provisions for health insurance.
- Pre-doctoral stipends: € 7,500 (six months) / € 15,000 (full year).
- Post-doctoral stipends: € 15,000 (six months) / € 30,000 (full year)
- Scholarship holders will have their own workplace with a desktop computer and telephone, and the opportunity to reside temporarily in subsidized apartments of the museum complex insofar as these are available
- During their stay, visiting scholars will have daily contact with the museum´s curators, archivists and librarians (approx. 50 staff members) as well as members of Munich Center for the History of Science and Technology (approx. 50 staff members)
Send the following documents to the address below:
- Completed Application Form (Form)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Project Description (3-5pages)
- 2 confidential References
Coordinator of the Research Institute
Tel.: 00 49 (0) 89 2179-280
Fax: 00 49 (0) 89 2179-239
E-Mail: [email protected]
For more information, visit Deutsches Museum or e-mail Prof. Dr. Elisabeth Vaupel at [email protected]