Anita Borg Systers Pass-It-On Awards Program for Tech Women 2014
Deadline: October 15, 2014
Applications are now open for the Anita Borg Systers Pass-It-On (PIO) Awards, which honor Anita Borg’s desire to create a network of women technologists helping one another. The cash awards, funded by donations from the Systers Online Community and others, are intended as means for women established in technological fields to support women seeking their place in the fields of technology. The program is called “Pass-It-On” because it comes with the moral obligation to “pass on” the benefits gained from the award.
Awards: The awards range from $500.00 to $1000.00 USD
Pass-it-on Award applications are open to any woman over 18 years old in or aspiring to be in the fields of computing. Awards are open to women in all countries. Applications covering a wide variety of needs and projects are encouraged, such as:
- Small amount to help with studies, job transfers or other transitions in life.
- A broader project that benefits girls and women.
- Projects that seek to inspire more girls and women to go into the computing field.
- Assistance with educational fees and materials.
- Partial funding source for larger scholarship.
- Mentoring and other supportive groups for women in technology or computing.
All submissions must be in English. Email questions to passiton-2014fall at systers dot org
For more information, visit Anita Borg Systers Pass-It-On Awards.