One Young World / Rwanga Social Startup Competition – $20,000 Grant
Deadline: September 21, 2014
One Young World, The Rwanga Foundation and School For Startups are excited to launch The Rwanga Social Startup Competition, an initiative of One Young World Ambassador, Rebaz Zedbagi. The One Young World Social Business Accelerator is looking for disruptive, innovative startups which make a meaningful social impact.
The One Young World Social Business Accelerator was established following the One Young World Summit 2011 in Zurich after one delegate was inspired by Muhammad Yunus and asked if One Young World could provide support to social businesses. Since then, OYWSBA has supported 10 social businesses around the world.
- Three winners will each receive a grant of $20,000 for their social startups.
- Six finalists will be chosen from the shortlist and will have an exclusive Google Hangout with Doug Richard, founder of School for Startups, to learn his top tips for pitching to investors.
All One Young World delegates and Returning Ambassadors attending the 2014 Summit are invited to apply – whether their business is an active startup or whether it’s still an idea that they’d like to see realised.
- Shortlisted applicants will be asked to provide a full business plan. Six finalists will be chosen from the shortlist and will have an exclusive Google Hangout with Doug Richard to learn his top tips for pitching to investors.
- Each finalist will have a three minute elevator pitch on stage at One Young World to convince the audience that their business deserves a grant of $20,000. They will also face questioning from a panel of One Young World Counsellors, led by Dragons’ Den’s Doug Richard.
- The winners will be decided through a combination of a live audience vote and the judges’ scoring.
For more information, visit Rwanga Social Startup Competition.