Sony 2015 World Photography Award – London, UK
Deadline: Varies with Competition
Launched in 2008, the awards are dedicated to supporting and cultivating photographic culture. Through a range of annual competitions, Sony hope to discover new talent in the world of photography and moving image. The annual awards gala and ceremony takes place in London, welcoming an international attendance of industry leaders to celebrate the recognition of the best in contemporary photography
Supporting the celebration, is a month-long exhibition of the winners and finalists, comprising of hundreds of photographs expertly curated inside the historic London landmark, Somerset House
- Professional Competition – for serious photographers (Deadline: January 8, 2015).
- become the next Sony World Photography Awards, Professional Photographer of the Year and win our most coveted prize, the L’Iris d’Or, along with prize money of $25,000.
- Please note once you enter this competition you will not be able to enter the Open Competition or Youth Award.
- Open Competition – for amateurs and enthusiasts (Deadline: May, 5, 2015).
- Offers 10 diverse categories for you to enter, ranging from Action to Travel. As a Basic Member, you can enter up to 3 photographs for free, submitted into one category or spread across multiple categories.
- Increase your chances by upgrading to Advanced Membership (enter up to 8 images) or Premium Membership (enter up to 20 images).
- Please note once you enter this competition you will not be able to enter the Youth Award or Professional Competition.
- Student Focus – for those studying photography (Deadline: December 6, 2014) .
- Student Focus offers an international platform to support and connect the next generation of photographers. Throughout the year Student Focus also engages with academic institutions and organises talks, forums, exhibitions, symposiums, portfolio sessions and of course the largest programme of them all – the annual Student Focus competition.
- Youth Award – for anyone aged 19 and under Deadline: January 5, 2015).
- enter this competition for the chance to become the Sony World Photography Awards, Youth Award Winner.
- Anyone can enter all of our competitions.
- If you wish to enter the Professional competition, you will not be able to enter the Open competition. If you wish to enter the Open competition, you will not be able to enter the Professional competition.
- If you wish to enter the Youth Award, you will not be able to enter either the Professional or Open competitions
- In the Professional competition you can enter a minimum of three and a maximum of 10 images per category. You may enter as many categories as you wish.
- In the Open and Youth competitions, you can enter up to 3 images in total for free. These images may be entered across any of the categories. You may enter more images by upgrading your membership – Advanced Members can enter up to 8 images and Premium members can enter up to 20 images.
All images should be submitted online.
For more information, visit Sony World Photography Awards.