2014 Our Africa Data Challenge – London
Deadline: October 10, 2014
Planetearth invite entries from interested and passionate individuals to be part of the Africa Data Challenge, and pitch their ideas for projects that can help translate and transmit ways of linking cutting edge scientific debates and issues to the continent’s academics and innovators.
Interested parties are invited to send brief proposals of around 500 words outlining their project. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to pitch their ideas in a 10-15 minute slot at the PEI UnConference on 18th November, 2014 in London and deliver the project with support of PEI and our partners throughout.
This opportunity is open to all
Initial ideas are invited on a broad spectrum of themes and areas, as long as they will be:
- Delivered in the next 12 months for a budget of <£5,000
- Designed to have a human impact (whether students, academics, civil society, government or other)
- Pitched with the support of an academic institution or related organisation in Africa
- Proposed with a clear understanding and appreciation of data privacy, access and availability in Africa
- Developed to include dissemination or findings and conclusions
For more information, visit 2014 Our Africa Data Challenge – London.