Tigo Digital Changemakers Competition 2014 ($20,000 & more)
Deadline: September 30, 2014
Tigo, in partnership with Reach for Change is now accepting applications for the Tigo Digital Changemakers competition 2014. Are you a social entrepreneur who is working to improve the lives of children and society in a big way? Are you using digital tools and technology to scale and grow your impact? Do you have an innovative idea to change the world, the passion and the drive to create this change? Join the Tigo Digital Changemakers Competition to make it happen!
Prizes and Benefits
The Tigo Digital Changemakers Competition awards 2 winners a cash prize of $20,000 each and a place in a support program which includes professional coaching, and mentoring from Tigo and our non-profit partner Reach for Change to help you develop your initiative.
Get the organizational funding and coaching you need from our Incubator program, and see your idea transform lives through the guidance and assistance of Tigo advisors and experts from a global network.
Social entrepreneurs are actively encouraged with different kinds of programs to apply. Entrepreneurs who don’t have digital at the core of their operation can apply, as long as there is the potential for digital technology to be used in a way that increases the impact of their work.
- Have entrepreneurial skills
- Have leadership skills
- Have a passion for social change
- Be the founder and leader of the organisation established to deliver the idea
- Be ready to commit to work full time on their initiative if selected as a winner of the competition
Ideas we are looking for must:
- Be innovative, creative, and fresh
- Be early-stage or ready to grow
- Be something doable, clear & focussed
- Have potential for great social impact for children and society
- Have potential to be system changing
- Be scalable in order to reach many children
- Have a sustainable financing plan
- Use or have the potential to use mobile, broadband, digital and/or information technology as part of the solution, to scale the impact, or to improve the quality of the impact
- Promote connectivity and access to communication
For more information, visit Tigo Digital Changemakers Competition.