Deadline: September 26, 2014
The Youth Coalition for Sexual and Reproductive Rights (YCSRR) is seeking to recruit a Logistics, Administrative and Finance Officer. YCSRR is a non-governmental organization comprising young people (ages 15-29 years) who promote the sexual and reproductive rights (SRR) of young people at the international and regional levels. They do so by advocating, generating knowledge, sharing information, building partnerships and training young advocates.
This is a full-time position for one year, with an excellent benefits package and the possibility of renewal. The Logistics and Administrative Officer position is based in Ottawa, Ontario and applicants must be able to legally work in Canada.
Salary: $40,000-45,000 CAD, to be negotiated based on experience and qualifications
Under the supervision of the Executive Coordinator, the Logistics, Finance and Administrative Officer (LAFO) will be responsible for a variety of day-to-day financial and administrative tasks as well as organizing logistics for international events. The LAFO is also responsible for supporting the Executive Coordinator in the preparation of reports, and audits, and, in collaboration with the Executive Coordinator and the Board of Directors, for ensuring the financial integrity of the Youth Coalition.
Financial operations, including:
- Process cheque requests for YCSRR expenses
- Administer payroll for YCSRR employees
- Arrange payment of necessary taxes
- Maintaining financial log of expenses, deposits and transfers into QuickBooks accounting software (or other comparable accounting software).
- Coordinate payment of bills
- Maintain accurate records of expenses for YCSRR activities
- Assist Executive Coordinator during annual financial audits
- Assist Executive Coordinator in preparing financial reports
- Oversee non-technical needs of the organization
- Maintain inventory of and order office supplies
- Maintain filing and resource collection systems
- Perform any other general office duties as required
- Assist members with drafting reports as required
- Coordinate all visa processes, transportation, venue, materials, accommodation, daily subsidies and reimbursements for workshops, meetings and other activities internationally.
- Develop and oversee project budgets and present expense reports in the lead up to, during and following events.
- Lead the logistical and administrative preparation for YCSRR’s Annual General Meeting
- Inform and discuss logistical information with the Executive Coordinator for YCSRR activities.
- Liaise with travel agencies and other travel-related partners.
- Act as the lead for all logistical arrangements for the organization.
Required qualifications and competencies
- Demonstrated commitment to the principles and values of the YCSRR.
- Undergraduate degree/college diploma in accounting, event management, finance (or other related discipline), or equivalent experience.
- At least one year of experience in managing organizational finances.
- Experience in completing basic organizational accounting.
- At least one year of experience in organizing events, preferably for international events
- Knowledge of QuickBooks accounting software.
- Excellent communication skills .
- Demonstrated organizational skills with attention to detail and maintaining meticulous records.
- Ability to work quickly and well under pressure both independently and as a part of a team
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to work in a multicultural setting.
- Independent and self-motivated.
- Willingness to work overtime, as need arises.
- Willingness to travel internationally for up to three weeks per year.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office and QuickBooks.
Desirable skills and competencies
- Familiarity with the United Nations System, advocacy and sexual and reproductive rights would be an asset.
- Experience working with youth-led organizations would be an asset.
- Knowledge of Spanish, French or Arabic will be considered an asset.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates are requested to submit a cover letter and CV to [email protected].
Please note that applicants must be legally able to work in Canada. Applications from young people under the age of 30 are strongly encouraged.
For more information, visit Youth Coalition for Sexual and Reproductive Rights.