The 2016 Prince Sultan International Prize for Water is Open for Nomination – Up to $266,000
Deadline: December 31, 2014
The Prince Sultan Bin Abdulaziz International Prize for Water is open for nominations for its 7th Award series. Nominations are open to all innovative and current research that is relevant to one of our four Prizes, which together cover the entire water research landscape.
The Prize is a periodic international scientific award, bestowed every two years, in appreciation for the efforts and research carried out by scientists and scientific and applied organizations in the sector of water worldwide. It is granted in appreciation of their outstanding achievements which have contributed to the discovery of scientific solutions to the problems of provision of usable water, overcoming its scarcity and assuring its continual availability, especially in arid regions.
Each Prize is accompanied by a distinctive trophy and certificate.
- Creativity Prize [1 Million Saudi Riyals ($266,000)]: Open to all pioneering and innovative research in any water-related field. The work should be practical, environmentally friendly, and cost-effective and should provide an original solution useful to society and should contribute to development and social upliftment.
- Specialized Prize [1/2 Million Saudi Riyals ($133,000)]: Open to all innovative and current research topics relevant to one of the four Prizes listed below. The research should cover the entire water research landscape.
- Surface Water;
- Ground Water:
- Alternative Water (e.g., desalinization, waste water treatment, etc.); and
- Water Management and Protection.
- Groups of people working on the same project may not be nominated separately, they must be nominated as a group with a single nomination form.
- Nominations for the Creativity Prize is limited to individual or a group of individuals. Nominations for the Creativity Prize must be made by a university, institution, or government agency on behalf of individuals or teams of researchers.
- Organizations can nominate themselves for one of the four Specialized Prizes. Self-nominations are accepted for Specialized Prizes.
- The work(s) being nominated must have been completed no more than five (5) years prior to the nomination deadline for the current Prize.
- Submissions of up to five distinct works is accepted. Multiple works should not be collected together and submitted as a single work.
- A nominee can be nominated for only one of the five Prizes during the same award.
- Past recipient of any other international prize can not be nominated.
- Nominations cannot be made by the members of Prize committees and their immediate relatives.
For more information, visit Prince Sultan International Prize for Water.