Fully Funded Graduate Studies at Oxford University
Deadline: January 9, 2015
The oxford Centre for Islamic Studies (OCIS) invites applications for its 2015 Scholarship for graduate studies at the University of Oxford. The Centre provides a meeting point for the Western and Islamic worlds of learning. At Oxford, it contributes to the multi-disciplinary and cross-disciplinary study of the Islamic world. Beyond Oxford, its role is strengthened by an international network of academic contacts.These scholarships have been established by the Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies to allow graduates to pursue study of benefit to the Muslim world.This scholarship is applicable for any graduate course offerred by the University of Oxford.
You must be either:
- ordinarily resident in the United Kingdom and from a Muslim community (with preference given to those from a financially disadvantaged household), or
- a national of, and ordinarily resident in, one of the following countries in Asia and Africa;Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Benin, Brunei, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Chad, Comoros, Côte d’Ivoire, Egypt, Djibouti, Gabon, Gambia, Guinea, Guyana, Indonesia, India, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Libya, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Mozambique, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Suriname, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, Togo, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Uganda, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan and Yemen Arab Republic.
- applicants must be successful in being offered a place on their course after consideration of applications received by the relevant January deadline for the course
- applicants must meet the selection criteria for the course they choose
- scholarship is not open to candidates applying for postgraduate certificate or postgraduate diploma courses, part-time courses or non-matriculated courses
- This scholarship is also not open to applications from candidates who hold deferred offers to start in 2015-16.
The scholarship will cover 100% of University and college fees and a grant for living costs (of at least £13,863). Awards are made for the full duration of your fee liability for the agreed course.
How to apply
- select the Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies Scholarships in the Funding section of the University’s graduate application form and submit your application for graduate study by the relevant January deadline for your course (9 January or 23 January 2015)
- Complete an Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies Scholarships Supporting Statement and upload it, together with your graduate application form, by the deadline, in order for your application to be complete.
For more information visit, Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies