The Social Media Awards Africa 2015 – Nominate now!
Deadline: October 27, 2014
Qualified individuals and organizations can now nominate and be nominated for the Social Media Awards Africa (SMAA), for a chance to win any of the already coveted awards. The Social Media Awards are Africa’s premier awards for social and digital media with nominations spanning four categories and drawn from across the continent. The Awards are created to recognise and celebrate excellence and creativity in the use of social media tools and platforms by individuals and organisations.
The SMAA is organised by Development Diaries Ltd/GTE with institutional support from leading social media professionals, international agencies and media conglomerates across Africa.
Personality-based Awards: For individual achievement in social media
- Blogger of the year
- Social Media Personality of the Year
- Social Media Hero
Platform Awards: Specific social platforms
- Facebook Page of the Year
- Twitter Handle of the Year
- Influencer of the Year (LinkedIn, YouTube, Google Plus, Instagram)
Institutional Awards: Best use of social media
- By Government/Public Sector
- By Private Sector
- By a Non-Profit
- By a Start-up/MSME
- By a Financial Institution
Indigenous Awards: Local campaigns and brands
- App of the Year
- Hashtag of the Year
- Brand of the Year
- Best Rated Platform
There will be one winner per category.
Award prizes include:
- $1,000 USD
- professional and institutional training on social media
- access to mentorship opportunities amongst other benefits for excellence and impact in social media practice.
The following individuals and organisation will be eligible for nominations for any of the categories for The Social Media Awards 2014:
- Nationality of any African country or no less than 3 years permanent residency status in any African country;
- Must be 18 years and above;
- Organisations will be considered for the award categories if they are owned in full or part by any African with the above-stated categories;
- Non-profit organisations must also be duly registered and operation in any African country or headquartered overseas with at least one (1) duly registered country office;
- Individuals or Organisations must own the relevant social media accounts to be eligible; offline nominations of individuals or organisations who are not on social media will not be considered;
- Campaigns, initiatives et al which have not been circulated or launched or uploaded to any social media network will not be considered;
- Other similar third party nominations will not be considered;
- The Social Media Awards 2014 will consider nominations for activities or initiatives in the following period under review: 2011 – 2013;
- Nominations will only be considered after an Acceptance Form has been signed and the nominee confirms acceptance of nomination;
- Once the nomination has been accepted and Nominee List published, withdrawals will not be accepted.
All entries will be judged on influence, originality, creativity, scalability and impact.
The judging process will see winners emerge through an open and credible system involving the general public, a virtual council and jury.
For more information and to nominate, visit The Social Media Awards Africa.