Apply to Become an Atlas Corps Fellow in USA or Colombia 2015
Deadline: October 30 and November 8, 2014
Are you a nonprofit leader? The Atlas Corps Fellowship could be the opportunity for you!
The Atlas Corps Fellowship is a 6 to 18 month professional fellowship offered three times a year for professionals from around the world. Fellows serve full-time at Host Organizations located either in the United States or Latin America working on issues that complement their expertise. Fellows develop their leadership skills while sharing best practices and supplement daily knowledge with theoretical topics presented in the Atlas Corps Global Leadership Lab.
Atlas Corps is an international network of nonprofit leaders and organizations that promotes innovation, cooperation, and solutions to address the world’s 21st century challenges. Their mission is to address critical social issues by developing leaders, strengthening organizations, and promoting innovation through an overseas fellowship of skilled nonprofit professionals.
The U.S. Fellowship begins in January, May, and September, while the Latin American Fellowship begins in March and September. Each Fellowship begins with a one-week orientation program, followed by 50 weeks at Host Organizations. Fellows return to their home countries immediately after the program ends.
Fellowship Provisions and Benefits
- Program-related international travel (U.S. Fellows only)
- Program-related domestic travel
- Basic health insurance
- Monthly stipend for basic living expenses (housing, food, transportation)
- Documentation (DS-2019) that enables the Fellow to obtain a J-1 visa.
You can apply to become a Fellow if you meet the following minimum requirements:
- 2 or more years of relevant experience in the nonprofit/NGO/social sector
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- English proficiency (oral, writing, reading)
- Spanish proficiency (for the Latin American Fellowship only)
- Age 35 or younger when the Fellowship begins
- Applying to volunteer in a country other than where you are from
- Commitment to return to your home country after the 12-18 month fellowship.
Atlas Corps considers applications on a rolling basis for classes that begin in January, May, and December.
Priority deadlines for US Fellowships are as follows:
- For January Class – apply by July 15
- For May class, apply by November 8
- For September class – apply by March 22
Priority deadlines for Latin America Fellowships are;
- March Class – apply by October 30
Applications are accepted year-round, but earlier applications tend to be more successful.