Deadline: November 5, 2014
Applications are open for the 2015 Spark* Kenya Changemaker Program! This is an intensive six day live-in workshop in Nairobi where you join a small group of Spark* Changemakers and access world class social entrepreneurship training designed to help you focus your non-profit or business and accelerate the growth of your venture. The accelerator program will take place from 16th – 22nd January 2015. For the 2015 intake, Spark* Kenya is searching for 15 founders of social startups in Kenya.
Are you the founder of a social business or organisation that exists to help Kenyans living in poverty? Is your social business or organisation in its early years and already making a difference for people? The Spark* Changemaker Programme is for you!
If you are successful in becoming a Spark* Changemaker you receive;
- Ongoing world class entrepreneurship training and support from Spark* International
- Two years of access to graphic designers, website creators, business coaches, mentors, research and assistants lawyers and accountants (all super helpful for you as a social entrepreneur working to grow your venture)
- Access toquick injections of funding for your ventures
- Connection to the impact investors and organisations that can take you to the next level of impact.
- The opportunity to continually apply for small grants (approximately Ksh 20,000) to help you overcome barriers and test ideas to grow the impact or sustainability of your venture.
To apply, you must;
- Have already launched a social enterprise that is already making a difference in the lives of tens of people living in poverty.
- Be the founder of that social enterprise.
- Want to scale their social enterprise to impact many more people living in poverty.
- Be an individual who can get things done, and they have proven this in the past.
- Be massively passionate about improving the lives of people living in poverty in Kenya.
This opportunity is for Kenyans who intend to be living in or spending significant time in Kenya in 2015.
However, if you do not live in Kenya, you will be required to organise your own transport to the Accelerator in Nairobi. Once there, Spark* will cover your food and accommodation for the duration of the week. If you come from far and the travel costs are high, you may want to consider asking your family or community to sponsor a portion of your travel costs.
For more information and to apply, visit Spark* Kenya Changemaker Program.