Women’s Empowerment Principles CEO Leadership Awards 2015
Deadline: November 14, 2014
Nominations are now invited for the prestigious 2015 Women Empowerment Principles (WEPs) CEO Leadership Awards, which recognize business leaders for their exceptional championship of gender equality and support for the Women’s Empowerment Principles. The Awards recognize concrete and innovative actions taken to advance the 7 Principles and particularly Principle 1: Leadership Promotes Gender Equality.
The WEPs CEO Leadership Awards is a partnership initiative of UN Women and the UN Global Compact. Thus, the WEPs CEO Leadership Award will be presented at the United Nations Headquarters in New York City at a highly visible ceremony within the Women’s Empowerment Principles Annual Event, in observance of International Women’s Day March 2015.
Award recipients will have the opportunity to speak directly about their commitment at a ceremony held at the UN during the WEPs Annual Event in observance of International Women’s Day early March 2015
WEPs CEO Leadership Award Categories
As advancing women in the workplace, marketplace and community requires implementing a range of tailored strategies and actions to achieve concrete, sustainable results with measurable impact, the WEPs CEO Leadership Awards are structured to reflect diverse avenues. Five distinct award categories reflect that innovation and leadership comes in different forms:
- Benchmarking for Change – Recognizes a company for embedding accountability to achieve gender equality through meaningful metrics, indicators, and reporting to track and monitor the inclusion of women at all levels of the company’s operations.
- Business Case for Action – Recognizes a company for the implementation of a cross-cutting strategic initiative to sustainably establish inclusion and equality, and transform company behavior and practices.
- Community Engagement – Recognizes a company for its alignment of values and business case applied to a long-term investment in community, leveraging community engagement to build community-driven and participatory local programmes.
- Cultural Change for Empowerment – Recognizes a company for its public, unwavering and proactive commitment to gender equality throughout its business operations that is complemented by a record of expansive programming elevating women’s equality in the workplace and throughout their communities.
- Principles – Recognizes a company for taking coordinated action and implementing policies to deliver powerful results aligned with the 7 Principles.
Nominations are open to companies who meet the following criteria:
- CEOs (present or past) that have signed or intend to sign the WEPs CEO Statement of Support by 14 November 2014; and
- Companies that are participants of the United Nations Global Compact or intend to become participants within the next six months.
The review and assessment process uses a set of detailed criteria and seeks to shine a light on outstanding and innovative initiatives, within the company’s context, taken by a CEO to advance the efforts to implement the WEPs and achieve gender equality.
- Specifically, the review will look for details on specific actions spearheaded by the CEO that resulted in concrete sustainable initiatives with measurable impact.
- Nominations should include sufficient detailed information accompanied by company documents or reports that respond to the nomination questions.
- Actions taken to champion women, strengthening women’s leadership within the company, will also be noted.
For more information on how to nominate, visit WEPs CEO Leadership Awards.