World Youth Alliance International Internship Program 2015 – New York, USA
Deadline: October 24, 2014
The World Youth Alliance Internship Program provides opportunities for young people who are inspired by the ideas and work of the World Youth Alliance (WYA) to gain professional skills working on WYA’s projects and a substantive learning experience on WYA’s core ideas. Projects are designed to enhance each student’s specific academic background and interests. Interns receive mentorship and training from WYA staff members.
WYA’s Headquarters office offers internships for youth of varied educational and expertise backgrounds. You will be matched to a position that best corresponds to your interests and skills. Many of the interns accepted into the New York internship first completed a regional internship, are active WYA members in their country, and received recommendations on their outstanding work. Internships are voluntary and may be done on a part-time or full-time basis.
Ideal candidates possess a strong desire to protect and promote human dignity while making a positive impact on society. Candidates must be proactive, self-driven, resourceful, detail-oriented, and humble individuals with a willingness to learn. If you possess these qualities and are looking to make a difference, apply today.
- Join a global coalition of over one million young people from around the world
- Contribute to the work of the WYA through involvement in the organization and implementation of WYA cultural projects (such as the Manhattan International Film Festival, World Youth Alliance Chamber Orchestra Performances, etc.)
- Identify and train young leaders to defend the intrinsic dignity of the human person through the completion of WYA’s Certified Training Program (Track A)
- Develop the language and communication skills required to effectively engage your peers, school, community and the international community and wider culture on issues relating to the dignity of the person, human rights, and integral development, and to develop an understanding of the relationship between ideas and policy
- Participate in international delegations at regional or international institutions or conferences (UN, EU, OAS, etc.) and develop communication strategies with national government contacts.
- The Internship program is open to university students, recent graduates, and young professionals.
- You have to be a WYA member to be accepted as an intern. You can become a member by signing the WYA Charter.
- The International Internship Program is open to all World Youth Alliance members between the ages of 18 and 30 who have completed Track A, have completed a regional internship, or are active members in their region.
- Ideal candidates possess a strong passion for the defense of human dignity.
- Committed members with strong communication abilities and organizational skills.
- Interns must also be able to motivate and inspire others and love to bring people together.
To increase one’s chances of being accepted for the International Internship, the member must:
- Have successfully completed Track A Training and be accredited
- Be active in the WYA region to which they belong or have completed a WYA internship.
- Completed application form
- Resumé or Curriculum Vitae
- Two letters of recommendation
- Only if you are a new member: Your signed copy of the WYA charter
You will receive a confirmation receipt via email within three weeks of the internship application deadline only if your application is complete. If your application satisfies the criteria for selection, someone from the internship committee will contact you to arrange an interview. Submit applications to: [email protected]
Batch 1 – 2015
Internship Period: January 15 – April 17, 2015
Application Deadline: October 24, 2014
Internship Period: May 27 – August 14, 2015
Application Deadline: March 13, 2015
Internship Period: September 16 – December 11, 2015
Application Deadline: July 3, 2015
For more information, download the WYA NY Headquarters Internship Program Document.