Deadline: November 26, 2014
The World Youth Alliance is now accepting applications for the Asia Pacific Internship Program 2015. The World Youth Alliance (WYA) Regional Internship Program is an opportunity for young people who are inspired by the ideas and work of WYA to contribute practically to its international and regional projects and to study more closely the ideas which have formed the organization.
The program focuses on three aspects: project management, training, and network building. Projects are designed to enhance each student’s specific academic background and interests. Interns receive mentorship and training from WYA staff members. Internships are voluntary and may be done on a part-time or full-time basis for a period of 12 weeks.
As an intern, you can:
- Learn about our mission to understand and articulate the dignity of the person.
- Gain practical and theoretical knowledge about international, regional, and national policy-making.
- Help your region grow socially and economically as you develop projects that uphold the value of each person.
- Have the opportunity to build your own network and community in line with World Youth Alliance programs.
- Interns will be assigned to plan and manage one or two projects during their internship period. The types of projects interns get to work on are diverse and vary according to specific interests and skills of each person. Each project will fall under one of the three main thrusts which are Education, Advocacy and Culture.
- Administrative Work: Interns will also be assigned to do administrative work at the WYA Asia Pacific office. They may be asked to do database management, writing business letters, filing documents, managing WYA Asia Pacific’s online accounts, and creating marketing materials.
- The Internship program is open to university students, recent graduates, and young professionals.
- You have to be a WYA member to be accepted as an intern. You can become a member by signing the WYA Charter.
- The Asia Pacific Internship Program is open to all World Youth Alliance members in the Asia Pacific region with the ages of 16 to 30 years old.
- Ideal candidates possess a strong passion for the defense of human dignity.
- Committed members with strong communication abilities and organizational skills.
- Interns must also be able to motivate and inspire others and love to bring people together.
- Interns are required to undergo the Track A Training and are expected to finish it before the end of their internship. Interns need to be knowledgeable about WYA’s history and mission as they may represent the organization in various activities.
- Completed application form
- Letter of intent
- Answer to essay questions listed on the application form
- Two letters of recommendations
- A signed copy of the WYA charter for new members.
You will receive a confirmation receipt via email within four weeks of the internship application deadline. Incomplete application forms will not be processed. Selected applicants will be asked to do an interview. Please send your application to Ms. Lilia Patricia T. Cornelio (WYA Asia Pacific Regional Director of Operations) at [email protected].
Internship Period: January 5, 2015 to March 18, 2015
Application Deadline: November 26, 2014
Internship Period: May 4, 2015 to July 24, 2015
Application Deadline: March 18, 2015
Internship Period: August 31, 2015 to December 11, 2015
Application Deadline: July 29, 2015
NOTE: This is an unpaid internship. However, WYA does offer scholarships (subject for approval) to interns.
For more information, visit World Youth Alliance Asia-Pacific Internship Program.