Deadline: November 30, 2014
The World Youth Alliance is now accepting applications for the European Internship Program 2015. The World Youth Alliance (WYA) Regional Internship Program is an opportunity for young people who are inspired by the ideas and work of WYA to contribute practically to its international and regional projects and to study more closely the ideas which have formed the organization.
The program focuses on three aspects: project management, training, and network building. Projects are designed to enhance each student’s specific academic background and interests. Interns receive mentorship and training from WYA staff members. Internships are voluntary and are done on a full-time basis for a period of 12 weeks (once renewable, subject for approval).
The World Youth Alliance is looking for leaders with a strong desire to protect and promote human dignity while making a positive impact on society. Successful interns have been proactive, self-driven, resourceful, detail-oriented, and humble individuals with willingness to learn; if you possess these qualities, if you are looking to make a difference, apply today for the World Youth Alliance Internship program.
As an intern, you can:
- Learn about our mission to understand and articulate the dignity of the person.
- Gain practical and theoretical knowledge about international, regional, and national policy-making.
- Help your region grow socially and economically as you develop projects that uphold the value of each person.
- Have the opportunity to build your own network and community in line with World Youth Alliance programs.
Interns will be assigned to plan and manage one or two projects during their internship period. The types of projects interns get to work on are diverse and vary according to specific interests and skills of each person. Each project will fall under one of our three main thrusts which are Education, Advocacy, and Culture.
- The Internship program is open to university students, recent graduates, and young professionals.
- You have to be a WYA member to be accepted as an intern. You can become a member by signing the WYA Charter.
- The European Internship Program is open to all World Youth Alliance members in the European region with the ages of 18 to 30 years old.
- Ideal candidates possess a strong passion for the defense of human dignity.
- Committed members with strong communication abilities and organizational skills.
- Interns must also be able to motivate and inspire others and love to bring people together.
- Interns are required to undergo the Track A Training and are expected to finish it before the end of their internship. Interns need to be knowledgeable about WYA’s history and mission as they may represent the organization in various activities.
How to Apply
- Click here to download the form or contact [email protected] to receive the application form
- Submit the application before the deadline:
- Cover letter
- Accomplished application form
- CV/Resume with 1×1 ID picture
- Two recommendation Letters, addressed to the Regional Director of Operations
- A signed copy of the WYA Charter (if not done already)
- For other concerns, contact the Regional Director of Operations at [email protected] or call +32 2 732 7605
You will receive a confirmation receipt via email within four weeks of the application deadline. Incomplete application forms will not be processed. Selected applicants will be asked to do an interview.
Batch 1 – 2015
Internship Period: 5 Jan – 20 Mar 2015
Application Deadline: 30 Nov 2014
Costs and Scholarship
This is an unpaid internship. However, WYA will provide an accommodation for interns. Applicants accepted into the internship program may apply for limited scholarships for a monthly stipend but approval is granted on an individual case basis.
For more information, visit World Youth Alliance Europe Internship Program.