Deadline: October 30, 2014
The All Ways Up Foundation is accepting nominations for the 2014 Community Builder Award. The award will recognize one amazing change maker, who has dedicated his or her life to making a difference in low-income communities. Nominate yourself or someone you know today!!! The winner will receive a $3,000 grant, plus a year worth of student loan payments!
ALL WAYS UP, formerly the Perlman Foundation, is an organization that empowers individuals who are striving to improve their standard of living by bridging the gap between their ambition and their opportunity to achieve. We believe that poverty and other disadvantages are challenges, not roadblocks, on the path to a successful life. With good values, a strong work ethic and empowering financial and emotional support, no dream is out of reach.
This is not a sweepstake. This is a grant. This grant is for individuals only. Organizations cannot apply. Recipient will receive a one-time unrestricted grant of $3,000 and a year worth of student loan payments (up to $1,000 per month*).
*The amount awarded per month for student loan grants will be determined by your August 2014 student’s loan statements. This student loan grants award is not transferable if the receipt does not currently have student loans. Individuals who do not currently have students loans will only receive the original $3,000 grant.
This grant is for individuals only. Organizations cannot apply. This is not a sweepstake. This is a grant.
To qualify for the Community Builder Award, individuals must*:
- Be at least 18 years old to enter.
- Be a founder, employee or volunteer at a nonprofit organization; or if not officially affiliated with an organization, must be able to prove that he or she dedicates a significant portion of their time to building up low income communities.
- Have worked the past 3 consecutive years bettering the lives of those living in low-income communities.
- Continually work with the same groups of 15 or more families or individuals through a program. Those only involved in advocacy or policy change do not qualify.
- Work in a state where GHC Housing Partners and All Ways Up Foundation has a presence: Alabama, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Michigan, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, and Virginia.
How to Enter
Beginning December 1st-15th, have your supporters log on and vote for you. The top 10 vote getters* and 10 individuals selected by the All Ways Up Foundation will advance to the final round. *The top vote getter will not automatically receive this award. This will only qualify them as a finalist.
Winner will be selected by the All Ways Up Foundation. Please note that this grant is for individuals only. Organizations cannot apply.
For more information and to enter, visit 2014 Community Builder Award.