Deadline: November 30, 2014
The 2014 Europass Viral Video Competition is organised by the National Europass Centres and funded by the European Commission. A viral video is one that becomes popular through the process of Internet sharing, typically through websites and email. Humour is often a characteristic of viral videos, but not a defining one.
The aim of this video competition is to create a short film (viral video) highlighting the benefits of Europass. You can choose any style: documentary, drama, comedy – just let your imagination run free. Any media can be used: illustration, animation, live action, anything you can think of. The key to a successful video is that it is memorable and striking enough to make people want to share it to their friends.
All videos will be reviewed by the selection committee, which will assess their compliance with the recommendations, and decide to make them available online or not. All the videos approved shall be visible and available on the organizer’s website.
- 1st prize is a travel voucher worth a maximum €2,500.
- 2nd prize: a €1000 of shopping voucher.
- 3rd prize: a €500 of shopping voucher.
- 4th-10th place: €100 of shopping vouchers.
- Entrant must be over 18 years old.
- Entrant should be residing in one of the participating countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Norway, Netherlands, Poland, Romania, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
- The entries in any language spoken in participating countries will be accepted. However, the participants should take into account that the videos featuring a widely spoken language may be more popular at the voting stage of the competition.
- One registration is accepted per e – mail address.
- Download the guidelines to participants and terms and conditions of participation. Read them carefully before applying.
- Application is done online.
- Technical Specifications of the Video:
- Maximum file size:100MB
- Maximum duration: 180 seconds
- Minimum resolution:320×240 pixels
- Recommended format: MPEG – 4 format at 640×480 resolution with MP3 audio (MPEG, 3GPP, MOV, AVI, WMV and FLV formats will also be accepted)
For more information, visit Europass Viral Video Competition.