Deadline: November 27, 2014
The Irish Research Council calls individuals for the Government of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowship Scheme. The Council funds excellent researchers across all disciplines and encourages interdisciplinary research and engagement with enterprise. The Council facilitates the career development of researchers by funding those at an early stage of their research career to associate with established research teams who have achieved international recognition for their work.
The Fellowship Scheme aims to support an expertise-driven research system in order to enhance Ireland’s innovation capacity and skills base in a rapidly changing global environment where knowledge is key to economic, social and cultural development. The Council is further committed to facilitating the integration of Irish researchers in all disciplines within the European Research Area. These Fellowships can be held for either one or two years.
The total value of the Government of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowship will be up to a maximum of €45,895 in any approved year and will consist of the following:
- A salary of €31,275 per year.
- Employer’s contribution to Pay Related Social Insurance costs of €3,365.
- Employer’s pension contribution, where applicable, of €6,255.
- Candidates must have been awarded a doctoral degree within the five-year period before the February 28, 2015.
- They must have authored or co-authored at least one published peer-reviewed research publication.
- They must not hold or not have held a Council Government of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowship.
- Candidate must not have been employed as a Postdoctoral Researcher for more than 5 years at the closing date of the call.
- Fellows from any country are eligible for the Government of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowship, however they must maintain their residence in Ireland during the period of the Fellowship.
- Before applying please read carefully the Postdoctoral Fellowship Guide for Applicants 2015 and FAQ on the fellowship.
- If you are applying for the first time, add the [email protected] email address to your contacts/address book before you attempt the registration process.
- Applications, which should include Academic Mentors form and Referee form, will only be accepted through the online submission system.
- After you have completed and submitted this form you will receive an e-mail with a username and password which will enable you to access your Irish Research Council profile and start your application.
- If you have previously registered with this system there is no need to register again: You can login to your account at any time here.
NOTE: All applications require a nominated ‘Academic Mentor in Ireland’ who is willing to mentor you for the proposed research project, and two nominated Referees who know you sufficiently well to provide you with a character reference.
For more information, visit Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowship