2015-16 Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship: Canada
Deadline: January 15, 2015
Google is now accepting applications for the 2015-16 Google Canada Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship. Through the scholarship, Google hopes to encourage women to excel in computing and technology and become active role models and leaders.
Scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of candidates’ academic background and demonstrated leadership. A group of female undergraduate and graduate student scholars will be chosen from the applicant pool. The scholarship recipients will each receive a $5,000 CAD scholarship for the 2015-2016 academic year.
All scholarship recipients will be invited to visit Google in 2015 for a networking retreat which will include workshops with a series of speakers, panelists, breakout sessions and social activities. As an Anita Borg Scholar, you will participate in a unique program that includes professional development as well as outreach in your community which kicks-off at the Scholars’ Retreat.
Applicants must satisfy all of the following criteria to be eligible:
- be a female student currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student at a university for the 2014-2015 academic year
- intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student at a university in Canada for the 2015-2016 academic year
- majoring in computer science, computer engineering, or a closely related technical field
- maintain a strong academic record
- exemplify leadership and demonstrate passion for increasing the involvement of women in computer science
Please complete the online application which must include:
- General background information (includes contact information and information about your current and intended institutions for the 2014-2015 school year)
- Current resume
- Academic transcripts from your current and prior institutions (if you have earned a prior degree)
- Two letters of reference from a professor, instructor, adviser or supervisor
- Responses to four essay questions
For more information and to apply, visit Google Canada Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship.