Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship for USA 2015-16
Deadline: January 15, 2015
In honor of Anita Borg, Google is supporting women in technology with the Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship. Through this scholarship, Google hopes to encourage women to excel in computing and technology and become active role models and leaders in the field.
Google Anita Borg Scholarship recipients will each receive a $10,000 award for the 2015-2016 academic year. A group of female undergraduate and graduate students will be chosen from the applicant pool, and scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of each candidate’s academic background and demonstrated leadership. All scholarship recipients will be invited to attend the Annual Google Scholars’ Retreat in Mountain View, California in 2015. As an Anita Borg Scholar, you will participate in a unique program that includes professional development as well as outreach in your community which kicks off at the Scholars’ Retreat.
The Annual Google Scholars’ Retreat at the Googleplex
Google’s scholarship recipients from North America will be invited to visit Google headquarters in Mountain View, California for the Google Scholars’ Retreat. The retreat will include workshops, speakers, panelists, breakout sessions and social activities scheduled over a 3-day period. Students will have the opportunity to explore the Googleplex and enjoy the San Francisco Bay Area as they get to know other talented computer science students from across the country.
The Anita Borg Scholars will be joined by other undergraduate and graduate scholarship recipients from North America.
Applicants must satisfy all of the following criteria to be eligible:
- be a female student currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student at a university for the 2014-2015 academic year
- intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student at a university in the United States for the 2015-2016 academic year
- majoring in computer science, computer engineering, or a closely related technical field
- maintain a strong academic record
- exemplify leadership and demonstrate passion for increasing the involvement of women in computer science
Citizens, permanent residents, and international students are eligible to apply. Past applicants and finalists are also encouraged to re-apply. If you have any questions, please email [email protected].
How to Apply
Please complete the online application which must include:
- General background information (includes contact information and information about your current and intended institutions for the 2014-2015 school year)
- Current resume
- Academic transcripts from your current and prior institutions (if you have earned a prior degree)
- Two letters of reference from a professor, instructor, adviser or supervisor
- Responses to four essay questions
For more information, visit Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship for USA.