Register for UNISDR Youth Workshop for PrepCom2 on World Conference on DRR – Geneva, Switzerland
Deadline: October 25, 2014
The Major Group of Children and Youth (MGCY) invites you to attend the UNISDR Youth Workshop and the following 2nd Preparatory Committee Meeting (PrepCom2) for the 3rd World Congress for Disaster Risk Reduction (WCDRR), taking place at the Palais de Nations in Geneva, Switzerland from on 17 to 18 November 2014. The UNISDR Youth Workshop aims to make necessary preparations within the delegation and thereby assure full success and recognition of the youth advocacy priorities in the 2nd PrepCom.
The program is organized in partnership with the United Nations International Office for Disaster Reduction (UNISDR) along with member organisations Youth Beyond Disasters and the International Federation for Medical Students Association. Make your voice heard! The results of PrepCom2 will lead to the 3rd World Congress for Disaster Risk Reduction in Sendai, Japan in March 2015.
Do you have what it takes? If you or anyone in your collective networks are aged 18-30 and would like to join MGCY to tackle one of the largest global issues, please register via the link below or get in touch through email.
- Participants must be aged between 18 and 30;
- Participants must submit an application before the deadline stated below;
- Participants must be able to communicate adequately in English;
- Participants are expected to actively contribute during the Youth Forum and following Member State Consultation;
- Participants must be available for the entire duration of the meeting;
- Participants must be available to adequately prepare for the meeting and follow up afterwards.
How to Register
- Register to participate in the Youth Workshop and the 2nd PrepCom, by filling out this online form.
- The deadline for registration is October 25th 2014, shortly after that you will receive information about logistics and the official confirmed registration for the PrepCom2.
You can find more information about DRR, our MGCY mandate and process of work, as well as, the global platform involved in mobilising youth and building resilience at http://childrenyouth.org. More information about the process up to and during the WCDRR can also be found at http://wcdrr.org.
For more information, follow the UNISDR Youth Workshop for the PrepCom2 on Facebook.