Deadline: November 6, 2014
Are you a young person aged between the ages of 19 and 25 years? Do you reside in Lesotho, Malawi, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia or Zimbabwe? Are you passionate about your health, education and youth well-being? Are you passionate about community development and keen to make a change? Do you want to make a difference in other young people’s YOU!
Eligibility Criteria Candidates must:
- Be aged between 19-25 years
- Have completed some level of tertiary education in the fields of social sciences, development studies, gender studies, or related health and leadership studies
- Be experienced and participate in at least one HIV or sexual and reproductive related project, campaign or initiative, either at community level or within an institution e.g. school or University, or organization.
- Be a citizen of and resident in one of the six focus countries under this project (Lesotho, Malawi, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia and Zimbabwe)
- Be passionate and committed to advance young people’s rights and development agenda
Responsibilities for successful candidates
- Enroll in the SAfAIDS young people’s leadership academy ONE year programme
- Participate fully in the academy activities for one year before graduating
- Participate in in-country ‘Let’s Talk. And Act’ sessions – spaces for young people to interact and share experiences in leadership
- Become champions of young people’s SRHR and socio-economic rights, identifying opportunities for advocacy at local, national and continental levels
- Initiate and execute country projects to support development within their communities
- Adopt a role model and inspirational stance for other young people in their communities.
- Facilitate breaking barriers of communication and interaction between young people and older community members, leadership and development practitioners at all levels
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their CVs and a motivation letter (not more than two pages) to: [email protected] with subject line stating, Application-YPLA and country of residence.
For more information, visit SAfAIDS