Deadline: November 20, 2014
Building Bridges Foundation in partnership with The Voice of Women Initiative and the African Youth Movement are happy to announce the call for Youth Ambassadors. Building Bridges is a project about realizing a world where young people and women have equal access and opportunities to shape the future they want. The aim is to bridge the gap between young people on the ground and decision makers at the United Nations in New York.
Building Bridges Project will achieve its mission with the vibrant collaboration of the Voice of Women Initiative as a leading network using the power of digital media to connect women worldwide and bring them a global voice and The African Youth Movement as a pan-Africanist action-oriented, social movement that strives for the development, active participation and leadership of African youth in the fight for social justice.
From Amsterdam to Cape Town, from the vast desserts of the Sahara to the central highlands of Namibia, from rural communities to crowded metropolises, this adventurous journey’s goal is not to steer. The goal is to connect with young people on the ground, to share stories and to inspire one another to make a change for the world we want. They do this with a special focus on the post-2015 agenda, how do young people and women on the ground envision the world in 2030? And how do they see the role of Gender Equality in their society?
They do this by undertaking an adventurous journey; a journey that leads them on a bicycle through two continents and twenty-one countries. During this ride, they will speak to the future leaders from Africa and Europe.
The Building Bridges team will cycle from Amsterdam to Cape Town to picture the post-2015 agenda from a different perspective, a perspective that focuses on the priorities of young people on the grassroots level and the position of women in the societies that they pass through.
- Picturing the post-2015 agenda through the eyes of young people on the ground
- Promoting gender equality by engaging youth for the Beijing +20 campaign
- Establishing an international network of talented, energetic and ambitious youngsters.
- Engaging with youngsters during the journey and sharing: stories, moments and worldviews.
- Organizing events, undertaking social media activities and raising media coverage
- Connecting youngsters in each country and creating an interactive platform where they can exchange ideas, thoughts and stories
* Expected Results
- A book with 50 stories that envision the post-2015 agenda through the eyes of youngsters on the ground
- Increased awareness for gender equality and the Beijing +20 campaign in 21 countries, on two continents
- The establishment of a valuable network for ambitious youngsters to connect, share and inspire
Read more about the Building Bridges Project.
- Applicants should be national and residents of the following countries: the Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, France, Spain, Morocco, Mauritania, Senegal, Ivory Coast, Ghana, Togo, Benin, Nigeria, Cameroon, Gabon, Congo, Angola, Namibia, Botswana or South Africa.
- Are between 18 – 30 years
- Believe in a world where young people can shape their own future
- Be determined, creative and open-minded
- Have a huge passion for youth-led development
- Have good organizational skills and can work independently
- Are willing to put at least 6-8 hours a week for the Building Bridges project
Responsibilities and tasks of a Youth Ambassador:
- Being both an advocate & activist for the mission of Building Bridges
- Organizing events related to the Building Bridges project
- Writing blogs and creating content on Social Media
- Lead right where you are
- Connect, share, inspire
Gains from being a Youth Ambassadors:
- Get your profile and picture on the Building Bridges website
- Become part of a worldwide network of young people from all layers of society
- Develop real-world experience with being both an advocate and activist.
- Discover where your talents, passions, and the needs of the world intersect.
- Join a group of friends challenging one another to make something awesome happen.
All ambassadors will receive a Certificate of Participation and a Recommendation Letter.
How to Apply
All interested candidates who meet the requirements should send their CV and Cover Letter to [email protected]. Please when sending your information, the topic should be “Youth Ambassadors for Building Bridges Project- your country”.
For more information, visit the Call for Youth Ambassadors.