HOT JOB!! Monitoring and Evaluation/Strategic Information Liaison -U.S Embassy Abuja, Nigeria
Deadline: November 18, 2014
The U.S. Embassy Abuja is seeking to employ a suitable and qualified candidate for the position of Monitoring and Evaluation/Strategic Information Liaison in the Executive/PEPFAR Office.
- A Masters degree in public health, epidemiology, social or behavioral sciences or a strongly related field is required.
- Minimum of five (5) years work experience managing HIV/AIDS public health or other social sector program, which includes two (2) years work experience in monitoring and evaluation of HIV/AIDS health programs is required
- Level IV (fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing in English language is required. Language proficiency will be tested.
- Level III (good working knowledge) of one Nigerian local language is required.
- Thorough understanding of Government of Nigeria’s policies, guidelines and strategic plan on HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment is required.
- Advanced knowledge of the epidemiology of HIV/AIDS in Nigeria, the Nigerian Health Management Information Systems, the Nigeria’s President Comprehensive Support Plan (PCRP), as well as the global fund policies, procedures and supported program activities in Nigeria is required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with the ability to use advanced software programs for analyses, reporting, presentations and internal management is required.
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an overall summary rating of “Needs Improvement” or “Unsatisfactory” on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule
A successful candidate will
- provide high-quality technical assistance to the United States Government (USG) President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) country team and technical workgroups
ensure that the portfolio of program activities contributes to the national HIV/AIDS strategic goals and targets
- generate accurate data analyses and reports to inform national policy, and respond to the Office of the Global AIDS Coordinator (OGAC) reporting requirements.
- Ordinarily Resident: N6,446,680 (starting basic salary) + US Mission Local Compensation Plan
- Not ordinarily resident: US$56,702
- EFM/MOH (Eligible Family Member/ Member of Household): US$48,822
Candidates must submit the following documents to
Embassy of the United States of America Human Resources Office
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive
Central District Area
Or submit to: [email protected]
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter
- Application for U.S. Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174
- Candidates who claim U.S. Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application
- Any other documentation (e.g., certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that directly addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above
- Limit all electronic (e-mail) submissions to one entry/e-mail not larger than 5MB. Please submit attachments in PDF and Word formats, not pictures
For more information, visit US Embassy Abuja HR office or call 09-461-4000 Ext 4261