Study Public Policy at Central European University (Financial Aid Available)
Deadline: February 1, 2015
The School of Public Policy (SPP) at Central European University (CEU) in Budapest, Hungary accepts applications for the two-year Master of Public Administration program. SPP is committed to the values of public service and the promotion of open societies through interdisciplinary research, innovative teaching, and engagement with policy practice. CEU is accredited in the United States and Hungary.
The School of Public Policy at Central European University offers a two-year multidisciplinary master’s in public policy that has been designed to train a worldwide community that is committed to purpose beyond power. The goal is to empower students by giving them the knowledge, skills, and real-world experience they will need to effect positive change for the common good in the public, nonprofit, and private sectors.
Study Public Policy:
The U.S.-accredited Master of Public Administration degree provides graduates with the knowledge, skills, and practical experiences needed to pursue careers for the public good throughout the public, nonprofit, and private sectors.
Master’s Program Components
- Core and elective courses in Regional and Global Governance, Human Security and Sustainable Development, and Global Media and Communication
- Skills For Impact modules
- Passion Project
- Summer Internship
Financial Aid Available:
CEU is committed to attracting talented students from around the world. The University provides a variety of generous scholarships and loans for which applicants from any country are eligible to apply. Scholarships are awarded on a merit-basis.
- Applicants should have completed a Bachelor’s Degree (or its equivalent)
- Applicants are expected to have a wide variety of academic backgrounds including economics, environmental affairs, foreign languages, biological sciences, sociology, religion, history, business, math, medicine, and engineering.
- Students of all academic backgrounds are encouraged to apply. All applicants should explain in their application their motivation to learn about public policy.
- While prior professional experience is not a prerequisite, it is considered a distinct advantage when evaluating a candidate’s application for the MPA program.
- Applicants without any work experience may wish to highlight any relevant academic or personal experiences in lieu of work experience i.e. youth/student organizations, volunteer work, NGO activism, etc.
Applying to the School of Public Policy (SPP) is a two-step process consisting of a written application followed by an interview upon invitation. All applicants are also considered for financial aid and scholarship packages.
Written Application: SPP accepts applications for the two-year Master of Public Administration program. Incomplete applications cannot be considered. In order to fulfill the CEU Admission Requirements and the School-specific requirements, all applicants will need to submit the following documents:
- Completed Online Application Form
- Proof of English proficiency
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent
- Curriculum vitae
- Two letters of recommendation
- Statement of purpose*
- Responses to two short essays*
*Specific instructions on topic and length are available in the relevant section of the Online Application Form.
For more information, visit