2015 Worldwide UNESCO Club Youth Multimedia Competition (Fully-funded Trips + Amazing Prizes)
Deadline: January 25, 2015
USFUCA Club invites youth from across the world to take part in the 2015 UNESCO Worldwide Multimedia Competition. The 2015 USFUCA Worldwide Youth Contest focuses on the theme: “The Year of Light”. Youth have the ability to connect with their generation as well as bridging with other generations to bring fresh perspectives, new possibilities and effect positive change. Youth will be the future leaders, their voice needs to be heard.
Think creatively, and answer the question,
The “Year of Light” focuses on the topic of light and light sciences and its applications; but it is the human curiosity that underlines the vision which brings light to the hearts of humanity. What kind of light-based innovation would you propose to promote sustainable development and meet the needs of a global challenge such as energy, education, agriculture, or health?
You are encouraged to respond by making a 3-minute video, multimedia presentation, written essay, art work or using any method that channels your specific passion and talent to share your answer to the question.
There will be 3 finalist for each age group and 7 semifinalists.
- Each semifinalists will receive a certificate.
- Each of the finalists will receive an official plaque, engraved with their name and a certificate.
- The top 9 winners will be recognized and showcased in global events during the summer of 2015.
- First Place winners in each age group will receive a 100% Scholarship to attend the 2015 International Model UN (IMUN) Summer Camp in the USA.
- Second and Third place winners will receive a 50% scholarship 2015 International Model UN (IMUN) Summer Camp in the US.
- Winners will also be invited to the USFUCA Club Conference to be held in Colorado in fall of 2015. A special ceremony held for the top 9 winners.
Youth from around the world can enter the contest. The competition will be split into three age groups.
- Juniors, age’s 10-14
- youth ages 15-19 and
- youth ages 20-24
Judging will be based on the following criteria, on a sliding scale 1-5 with 1 indicating needs improvement to 5 indicating exceptional. Based on the criteria of,
- The work has to be relevant to the question.
- Your work must be original
- All participants need to fill out the Submission Form.
- Please make sure your essay satisfies the following formatting criteria:
- –> 12 point Times New Roman
- –> Double-spaced
- –> 1 inch margins all around
- –> 750 – 1000 words
- Videos should be 3 minutes maximum.
- Images of 3 dimensional work will be accepted
- For art, sculpture and photography, tell us in 100 words about your work, the title, the medium, your age and where you’re from (Use the Submission form)
- 1 entry per person
How to submit
- Step 1. Please fill out the 1 page submission form and review the contest terms and conditions.
- Step 2. Submit your work to [email protected] Please put in the subject line: 2015 Worldwide UNESCO Clubs Youth Multimedia Competition and your name.
If you have a Video please upload it to YouTube and send us the link at [email protected]
Have Questions? Send it to: [email protected]. Please put in the subject line: YOUTH CONTEST QUESTION
For more information, visit UNESCO Worldwide Multimedia Competition.