Central America & the Caribbean (CAC) Peace for Youth Fellowship 2015 – Guatemala
Deadline: January 13, 2015
Applications are open for the Peace Revolution Central America & the Caribbean Peace Fellowship in Guatemala – 13-17 May 2015. Peace Revolution will gather 30 participants from Central America and the Caribbean to participate in its Peace for Youth Fellowship. Peace building and multicultural dialogue will be explored by meditation and self-development tools.
Participants will learn how meditation can help them achieve inner peace in a 5 days retreat. They will be able to develop positive thinking, gain emotional resilience, and increase human capacities such as empathy and kindness. The first CAC Peace Fellowship for Central America and the Caribbean will take place between the 13th-17th May 2015 at Villa Sumalla Retreat Center in Lake Atitlán Santa Cruz La Laguna, Guatemala.
- To explore a new concept of peace related to harmony.
- To create peace building capacities by developing positive thinking, gaining emotional resilience and increasing important human capacities of empathy and kindness.
- To promote tools of non-violent communication that can be applied to all cultures, religions and professions.
- To understand meditation as a tool that helps us return to our natural understanding of peace related to love, compassion and empathy.
- To learn practical methods of stress management and ways to increase emotional intelligence.
- To practice mindfulness during yoga and other group activities.
- To build up participants’ progress after having finished the online self-development program.
- To empower youth workers and to offer a sustainable space for them to coordinate activities and events in their own communities.
The fellowship covers:
- Local transportation from airport to the retreat
- Retreat fee
- Promotional material for use of participants
- Full sponsoring of airfare*
*Everyone is welcome to join the fellowship. But to be eligible for the full sponsoring of airfare, candidates must be between 18-30 years old.
- Nationals and residents of these countries: Anguilla, Antigua y Barbuda, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, British Virgin Islands Cayman Islands, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Martinique, Mexico, Montserrat, Netherlands Antilles, Nicaragua, Panama, Puerto Rico, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Age required between 18-30 years old at the time of submitting the application in order to receive the transportation support.
- Must have completed 21 days of the online self-development program. Note that in order to submit the application form, candidates do not need to have completed the online self-development program.
- Candidates should have good proficiency in written and spoken English language.
Application Deadline – January 13th, 2015 (last date to apply online)
Eligibility Deadline – March 1st, 2015 (last date for completing eligibility criteria to receive interview call)
For more information, visit CAC Peace Fellowship.