Apply now for the Carrington Youth Fellowship Initiative 2015 – Nigeria
Deadline: January 9, 2015
Applications are now open for the Carrington Youth Fellowship (CYFI) 2015. The Carrington Youth Fellowship Initiative is a dynamic youth-based initiative that brings together Nigerian youth of exceptional vision, skills and experience to design and implement projects that have a positive impact on Nigerian society. The Fellowship seeks to develop youth into ethical and impactful leaders by connecting them with mentorship, networking, training and funding opportunities over the course of an intensive fellowship year.
The CYFI fellowship is built around year-long social innovation projects that are designed by fellows and supported by the U.S. Consulate and private partners. CYFI fellows are committed to putting the ideals of Walter Carrington into practice. The CYFI Board of Directors, in conjunction with the Public Affairs Section at the U.S. Consulate General, Lagos, selects fellows who demonstrate exceptional vision, skills and experience. Fellows are them grouped into teams based on interest, and teams then develop and implement their own youth engagement project over the course of the one-year fellowship duration.
In addition to working with their team to bring their project into fruition, CYFI fellows have the opportunity to attend various networking events, roundtables and forums on relevant social issues, hosted by the U.S. Consulate General, Lagos. The year will conclude with an awards ceremony for fellows, where fellows will be inducted into the CYFI Alumni Program.
- Implement concrete, youth-oriented solutions to issues that concern you
- Access U.S. Government resources and contacts
- Catch the attention of American and Nigerian leaders in the public and private sectors
- Work alongside talented and motivated peers with diverse backgrounds, but similar visions
- Participate in CYFI Alumni Program
- Teams of 2-4 fellows submit project proposals to the CYFI Board
- Projects should be achievable in scope and address a current issue in Nigeria
- CYFI Board supports fellows by working to connect them with resources and contacts
- Fellows work on their own time to implement projects
- End of year recognition ceremony for fellows
- Complete CYFI Project as part of 3-5 fellow project team
- Attend monthly project status meetings with CYFI Board of Directors
- Participate in roundtables, networking events, and teambuilding events
The 2015 application is open to all citizens and permanent residents of Nigeria currently residing in Lagos and Port Harcourt.
They are looking for the following:
- Passion: You are committed to making a significant contribution to your community and country
- Skill & Experience: You have a unique set of skills and experiences that you can use to make an impact
- Strategic Thinking: You are excited about the opportunity to launch an innovative CYFI project.
You know how to design a project that is based on sound research, uses resources creatively, builds or improves on existing systems, and leverages partnerships with complimentary organizations
- Vision: You know the area of social change in which you would like to work, and you can articulate the positive change that you would like to make
For more information and to apply, visit Carrington Youth Fellowship.