Applications Open for the Rolex Awards for Enterprise 2016 (Up to 100,000 Swiss francs)
Deadline: May 31, 2015
Applications are now open for the 2016 Rolex Awards for Enterprise. Change the world with your inspiring project. The Rolex Awards for Enterprise support inspiring individuals who carry out innovative projects that advance human knowledge or well-being. Rolex honours extraordinary individuals who possess the courage and conviction to take on major challenges.
Each Rolex Award for Enterprise is given for a new or ongoing project anywhere in the world – one that deserves support for its capacity to improve lives, or protect the world’s natural and cultural heritage. In 2016, to celebrate the initiative’s four decades of existence, Rolex will offer five Laureate Awards and five Young Laureate Awards, asking an independent Jury of experts to choose 10 exceptional individuals who demonstrate that they have pioneering projects that will benefit the world.
- The Laureates will each receive 100,000 Swiss francs and the Young Laureates 50,000 Swiss francs each to advance their projects.
- They will also benefit from worldwide publicity and receive a Rolex chronometer.
- In addition, Rolex ensures winners receive access to its network of more than 100 past Laureates
- Anyone over 18 years, from any country, can apply for a Rolex Award.
- Applications are open to anyone of any nationality, whose ground-breaking project is helping to expand the knowledge of our world and improve the quality of life on the planet.
- Projects are grouped broadly in the areas of science and health, applied technology, exploration and discovery, the environment, and cultural heritage.
Candidates for the Rolex Awards can submit their project ideas in a short online pre-application.
For more information, visit Rolex Awards 2016.