Go Abroad: Apply for CrossCulture Internships Programme 2015 – Germany (Fully-funded)
Deadline: January 31, 2015
The Institute for Foreign Cultural Relations (IFA) is now accepting applications for the 2015 CrossCulture Internships Programme. The CrossCulture Internships provides an opportunity to young professionals and volunteers from Germany and countries of the Islamic world to gather experience abroad. Internships last at least 8 weeks and last up to maximum of three months.
The CrossCulture internships give young people from Germany and Islamic countries the opportunity to gain diverse experience abroad in the context of their working environment and to act as multipliers in their home countries. In addition to further professional development and specialist training, the programme participants also gain an insight into the social and political structures of the host country and become acquainted with cultural characteristics and behavioural patterns through integration into working and everyday life.
Areas of emphasis
CrossCulture internships are offered in the following work areas:
- Knowledge society & education
- Legal dialogue, justice & human rights
- International politics & civic education
- Economy & development cooperation
- Culture & art
The interns’ travel and subsistence expenses are covered by the programme funds. This includes
- a monthly grant of 550 Euro
- Travel costs to Germany and urban local traffic
- Return Flight
- visa fees
- health insurance
The latter is either a private room in a shared flat (according to gender), a private room in a host family or a small furnished apartment. Accommodation includes cost for electricity, water and heating; whereas telephone and internet facilities are not included.
- Applicants are required to have a long-term involvement with an organisation or institution in their home country.
- Applicants should be between 23 and 45 years of age.
- Applications from matriculated students cannot be considered.
- Candidates are also required to be in a good state of health and to have the physical and intellectual capability required for spending a lengthy period of time abroad and working within the context of the internship.
- A good command of English and a permanent involvement in an organisation or institution in one’s own country. Knowledge of the German language is an additional qualification, not a requirement for applicants from abroad. Alternatively, knowledge of the language of the CCP target country may be valuable for applicants from Germany.
- Currently enrolled university students will not be considered for selection.
Afghanistan, Algeria, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Egypt, Germany, Indonesia, Iraq, Iran, Jordan, Kazakhstan,
Kyrgyzstan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Malaysia, Morocco, Mauritania, Oman, Pakistan, Palestinian Territories,
Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Republic of the Sudan, Tajikistan, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan and Yemen
Applicants from Abroad
The filled in and signed application forms along with a portrait picture are to be submitted via e-mail to the German diplomatic mission of the applicant’s home country.
Only complete e-mail applications will be processed! Please pay attention to the technical requirements of application e-mail. Please do not send e-mails with your documents to the ifa as they cannot be processed here!
Applicants from Germany
The filled in and signed application forms along with a portrait picture are to be submitted via e-mail to ifa in Stuttgart, Gemany. bewerbungen-ccp(at)ifa.de
Only complete e-mail applications will be processed! Please pay attention to the technical requirements of application e-mail.
For more information, visit CrossCulture Internships.