Enter the NewAge Painting Contest 2015
Deadline: March 26, 2015
RC is organizing the New age contest with the aim to open new horizons for art lovers and to promote and support young artists. At the end of this first of a series of (traditionally) annual contests, achievement awards will be granted and artworks of significance will be displayed in an exhibition, further supporting the works of the young artists.
- Monetary award range between 5000 USD to 500 USD for the first ten winners.
- The winner will be given the Newage figurine of bronze and Bilkent Sanat Sokağı will have a gallery to his or her name for one year.
- Academies of the best three artists will be given the Newage figurine of bronze.
- Artist in the 2nd and 3rd places will have their own exhibition in Bilkent Sanat Sokağı for 21 days.
- The best three artists will be invited to Oman for five days as guests of the Sultanate of Oman.
- Colortone will award the best three artists with a year’s worth of painting material. The other seven artists will be awarded with Colortone paint sets.
- A catalogue of the best 250 artworks will be sent to 250 artists.
- This contest is open to the senior students of 2014 academic year from Faculties of Education Department of Painting and Faculties of Fine Arts.
- Each student to apply for the contest has to submit a document concerning his or her status as a senior class student.
- Only artworks to be accepted will be oil on canvas and acrylic.
- There are no limitations to the subject matter.
- The images of the artworks will be sent as jpeg file, using highest quality, no smaller than 1 mb, no bigger than 2 mb each image.
- Images must represent the artwork exactly, showing no frame and be correctly oriented.
- Jpeg name should be as follows: Last Name, First Name, Title of Artwork, Image size.
- Application form should be filled appropriately and should be attached to the jpeg file.
- Jpeg file and application form will be sent to [email protected]
- The best 250 artworks will be selected by the jury and their originals will be expected to sent to RC Art Gallery for further evaluations.
- The artworks are not to be framed.
- The long edge of the painting will be no more than 50 cm.
- The signature will be on the back of the painting including the size and (if any) the name of the artwork. There will be no signature on the front side of the painting.
- The name, surname, address and telephone details of the artist should be presented with a 20×15-cm. label placed at the back of the painting.
- Artists are expected to send their portrait photos and photos of them working on the artwork.
- Artworks that are sent from abroad should not have chassis, whereas artworks from Turkey will be accepted with their chassis and will be sent to the address provided, via cargo. The shipment fee will be paid by the sender.
- The best 250 artworks will be considered donations and will not be returned.
Send application form and alongside the painting and other documents needed to this postal address:
AVM 3/33 Bilkent/ Çankaya