Bookings.com is hiring a Public Affairs Officer – Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Booking.com invites hardworking individuals with a degree in Administration to join its team at Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. Booking.com is a world leader in booking accommodations online. Its aim is to help all business and leisure travellers, whatever their budget, to easily discover, book, and enjoy the world’s best places to stay.
Each day, over 750,000 room nights are reserved on Booking.com.Its website and apps attract visitors from both the leisure and business sectors worldwide. The core tasks of the PAO is to develop the company relations/transactions with the government sectors, be first point of contact, and to facilitate smooth day-to-day running of the office including; internal and external questions, supporting in-company processes and communication.
Minimum Job Requirements
Applicants must be
- Saudi Nationality only.
- Required Experience:- Education in Administration, Organization and Hospitality.
- Up to two years of relevant work experience. – In a hospitality, client services or other kinds of supporting role. – Preferably in a dynamic and international environment.
- Fluent English and local language.
- Microsoft Office, Good typing skills.
- Able to set up comprehensive digital and hard copy filing.
- Availability to travel regularly
- Solution driven.
- Good communicator and negotiator.
- Governmental responsibilities:– Relation with all government institution i.e SAGIA, Chamber of Commerce, Municipality – Submitting applications for new visas and following up with each related department;Submitting all renewals of visas & labor work permit cards with labor office as well as the immigration department;Renewals of official documents of the company (i.e. SAGIA License, chamber of commerce, Commercial registration, municipality, GOSI, ZAKAT, customs clearance etc..);Liaise with all stakeholders in regards to fines, penalties or any inquiry;- Relation with SAGIA process.
- Gatekeeper, Front Office Management :- Provide single point of contact regarding all reception and office matters and action all queries; – Meet and greet visitors; sign in procedure – Answer incoming telephone calls in a timely manner; – Allocate building access fob/key/pass and ensure its return; – Assist with New Starter first day requirements; – Distribute and manage incoming and outgoing mail for business and employee’s private capacity, including arranging courier requests; – Assist the area manager in all necessary paperwork following local rules and regulations
- Finance, HR, Real Estate and IT Support – Working knowledge of all Finance and IT processes and roles; – Assist with co-ordination of facilities for all new starters including desk allocation, PC/laptop, phones, email accounts and office access; – Assist area manager, senior account managers and Real Estate Team in case of the opening of seasonal offices, refurbishments or office moves; – Network and establish relations with colleagues and other departments
- Day to Day – Smooth running of office/s:- Manage dedicated Reception Inbox; – Establish / maintain office filing systems; – Order office supplies and consumables and manage stock control; – Internal distribution of company promotional items and printing materials, business cards; – Arrange ad-hoc lunches when required eg working lunches; external meetings; – Provide ad-hoc admin support such as scanning, laminating, printing and binding; – Walk the floor and inspect for handyman works, printer stations are up to date, general housekeeping standards are in place, furniture and machines are in working order; time management – Manage office cleaners to ensure canteen and tea points are kept tidy and fully stocked; – Ensure meeting rooms are set-up and ready for use eg VC, flipcharts, projector, bins; stationery – Support H&S process to ensure compliance to local regulations is maintained
- Supporting OM and remote locations:– Support OM / team in supporting other remote locations – Manage day to day requests from remote locations / team and to ensure compliance of facility agreement is upheld
- Travel Office: – Assist Travel coordinator / OM with travel requests eg: flight booking, car hire request; hotel booking; – Working knowledge of travel policy and expense policy guidelines
Apply online at bookings.com