Commonwealth Foundation Grants for Civil Society Organizations 2015 (Up to £30,000)
Deadline: January 29, 2015
Civil society organisations (CSOs) are now invited to apply for the 2015 Commonwealth Foundation Grants. The Commonwealth Foundation awards grants for projects that contribute to effective, responsive and accountable governance with civil society participation. The funding is awarded for sustainable development projects that contribute to effective, responsive and accountable governance with civil society participation.
Grants are available for Up to £30,000 per year. Multi-year funding available (up to three years)
Areas of focus
Grant projects must focus on one or more of the following:
- Strengthening the ability of CSOs to use creative expression for participatory governance
- Enhancing the capacity of CSOs, networks and alliances to engage in participatory governance
- Facilitating interaction and constructive engagement in governance
- Building a culture of learning and knowledge sharing
Grant projects are encouraged to integrate one or more of the following cross-cutting themes in their design:
- Gender equality
- Environmental sustainability
- Cultural respect and understanding
- Open to civil society organisations (CSOs) in Commonwealth Foundation eligible member countries
To be eligible for a grant, the following criteria must be met:
- The applicant is a registered national or regional civil society organisation (CSO)
- The applicant is seeking £30,000 per year or less.
- The applicant is applying for funding for 1 to 3 years
- The average of the applicant’s total income over the last 2 years is less than £3m
- The project must contribute to achieving at least one of the Commonwealth Foundation’s areas of focus
- The project will take place in an eligible Commonwealth Foundation member country
- The project has not yet started
- The application includes counterpart resourcing of a minimum of 10% of the total project budget. Applicants will be required to provide a detailed budget at full application stage where counterpart resourcing must be clearly reflected.
- The applicant does not have an existing grant from the Commonwealth Foundation at the time the call for proposals is announced. Please note that in order for a recent grantee to be eligible they must have submitted all reports on existing grants and received notification that the existing grant is closed.
The applicant will provide the following documents as part of the application:
- a completed Logic model using the Commonwealth Foundation template (Annex 4)
- a copy of the organisation’s Registration certificate (the official registration document provided by the relevant authorities in the country concerned)
- a copy of the organisation’s most recent Audited accounts (it must include both the accounts and the opinion of the external auditor who has certified them)
- a copy of the Registration certificate for all partner organisations
Please read the guidelines carefully before applying.
For more information, visit Commonwealth Foundation Grants 2015.