Deadline: March 31, 2015
The Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport of the Czech Republic annually offers scholarships to foreign nationals, pursuant to bilateral intergovernmental or departmental agreements concluded with a number of countries. Scholarships of this type are designed for university/college students or graduates and Ph.D. candidates (exceptionally also for university researchers/teachers) who wish to accomplish a study or research stay at one of the Czech public institutions of higher education. Its length usually ranges from 2 to 10 months depending upon the agreement made by the Czech government and the foreign government concerned that specifies also the categories of eligible recipients.
- The scholarship amounts to CZK 9,000 (EUR 325) per month for those who do not hold a Master’s degree or equivalent and CZK 9,500 (EUR 345) per month for holders of a Master’s degree or equivalent.
- Scholarship-holders are exempted from tuition fees.
- Inexpensive accommodation at student dormitories is offered as well as the possibility to take meals at student catering facilities.
- Open to university/college students or graduates and Ph.D. candidates, researchers, teachers.
- Scholarships are awarded to applicants nominated by the competent authorities of eligible countries: Argentina, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Austria, Latvia, Bulgaria (only academic staff members), Luxembourg, Egypt, Macedonia, Estonia, Malta, France, Mexico, Germany, Mongolia, Greece, Peru, India, Portugal, Israel, Slovakia, Italy, Spain, Japan, Switzerland, Republic of Korea, Vietnam.
- Possibility of studying/pursuing research at the Czech public institutions of higher education is offered, under the respective intergovernmental/departmental agreements, also to students from Albania, Brazil, Bulgaria, China, Hungary, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Russia and the Ukraine.
- If admitted, the nominees receive scholarship from the appropriate authorities in their home countries.
- Nominations and application dossiers must be submitted to the Ministry by the competent authorities (usually government agencies) of eligible countries by 31 March 2015.
- Applications sent directly to the Ministry by individual applicants will not be processed.
- The closing dates for applications fixed by the competent foreign authorities are necessarily earlier than 31 March (normally by several months). Prospective applicants are therefore advised to contact the respective national authorities (usually the Ministries of Education) in time.
- Each application dossier must comprise 2 copies of: Application Form – MSWord or PDF
- The following required attachments are also submitted in duplicate:
- curriculum vitae
- list of publications (if applicable)
- medical certificate (only for non-EU/EEA nationals);
- two letters of recommendation from academic supervisors or employer
- photocopy of diploma (if applicable)
- certified transcript(s) of records.
- All these documents must be written in or translated into Czech, English, French or German.
- Prospective applicants are advised to contact the selected university directly and request a letter of invitation from the appropriate department.
Contact for enquiries:
tel. : +420 234 812 180
tel. : +420 234 811 725
e-mail: [email protected]
For more information, visit Czech Government Scholarships.