Solutions Search for the environment for the Greater Mekong Subregion Natural Capital Challenge
Deadline: January 15, 2015
Do you have a youth-focused development project that can create lasting positive impact for the environment? Join the Solutions Search for the environment for the Greater Mekong Subregion Natural Capital Challenge.
Projects should be investing in natural capital in one of the following interventions:
- Environmental Management
- Biodiversity Conversation
- Environmentally Sustainable Poverty Reduction and Social Entrepreneurship
- Climate Change Adaptation/Mitigation
Criteria used in identifying solutions: focus on theme, youth participation and leadership (25%); innovation (20%); community impact (25%); and scalability and sustainability (30%).
- An award package for each search that may include ADB publications, gifts, free support and mentorship, etc.
- Linkages to networks that can provide mentorship / sponsorship opportunities; and potential investments for scaling up.
- Promotion in platforms such as the Youth4Asia website, ADB publications, ADB Youth Initiative blog, and through the networks of ASSIST and AsianNGO.
- Entries should have been implemented or ongoing. Ideas or concepts will not be accepted.
- Key project implementers should include citizens of GMS countries, Cambodia, the Guangxi and Yunnan provinces of the People’s Republic of China, Lao PDR, Myanmar, Thailand, and Vietnam.
- Key Project implementers should be aged 18-30 years old as of 1 November 2014.
- Projects should either be run by a youth-led organization, cater to the needs of the youth, or implemented involving the youth. Youth is defined as individuals between the ages 18 to 30 years old.
For more information,visit Youth4Asia Solution Search.